Nationwide Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireRescueMedic11

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am looking for a listing of FBI, DEA, DHS and so on Nationwide Frequencies,
i have googled for about a half an hour and come up short, anything would be appreciated.

-Asa

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
It sure would be nice if those freqs were in the database here .. listed as the 54th state under US. (Puerto Rico, DC & Virgin Islands are there as states).

Firetxmi

I keep hearing a continuous beep on 165.9900. It is a very digital sounding beep separated by about 1 second of silence. Now here is the catch: I live in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan so I am about a mile across the border from Canada, yet we have many federal agencies around. Any idea what it might be?

Firetxmi

What would that continuous beeping be if it were B.P or Customs?

It is registered in Canada as C.A.A (Canadian Automobile Assoc.). I can't think of why they would have a continuous beeping though, as it would most likely be used for voice communication (i.e. With tow trucks and such).

I'm beginning to lean more towards U.S. Gov. use.

Last edited:

FireRescueMedic11

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
it might be that or a Lojack System?....i think they give off a continuous beep to a satelite to keep track of the cars, it could be anything...paging, Gov, Lojack, idk?...hmmm...have you asked around the canadian forums here on RR?

mkewman

FireRescueMedic11 said:
it might be that or a Lojack System?....i think they give off a continuous beep to a satelite to keep track of the cars, it could be anything...paging, Gov, Lojack, idk?...hmmm...have you asked around the canadian forums here on RR?

negative, lojack is a quick little digital chirpy thing (SIMILAR but not exactly sounding sounding like... say... a MDC1200 tone) every few seconds, NOT a continuous tone.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
cjrjr507 said:
Hi
Have you been to The scanner emporium ?
members.tripod.com/columbus_east/dea.shtml
Big listing of DEA frequencies

Any idea how current that information is? None of it is dated, and a lot has changed in recent years.

Thanks!

SkipSanders

Silent Key
When I looked at that 'Scanner Emporium' list, it was old, incorrect frequencies (wrong splits), and incorrect agencies, in many cases. Like, listing 165.235 as DEA. Actually, of course that is/was 165.2375, US Customs.

One of the 'if you already KNOW how the feds used to work, it might remind you of a channel you've forgotten, but otherwise of little use' lists.

One of the reasons you don't see federal stuff, especially the fed law enforcement stuff, in the database, is that the database admins here will honor any request to remove such listings... and the feds DO request any such entries be removed. You may be sure they're reading the board, and checking the database, here.

Federal stuff is currently, and has been for some years now, in the middle of major changes, as they shift to new channel spacing (12.5 KHz), and completely redo their entire assigned frequencies lists. What was, and what you find in those 10+ year old lists, is very greatly changed, now. A few agencies are still where they were (in a sense), such as DEA still using their 418 MHz system. Of course, the actual radio traffic on those systems is much decreased from 'back then', because much of the 'routine' traffic is going via nextel phones/direct dispatch nextel, not the 'federal' system.

Used to be, 'FBI has repeater outs around 163, and inputs/simplex around 167' would help you. Now, forget it. They may be using ANY frequency, from 162 to 174. So may any other agency, when they set up a new system.

All you can do is look at the old lists as 'hints' for what MIGHT be using that encrypted digital channel you just found searching from 162-174 on 12.5 KHz steps. If the agency hasn't gone digital yet, you can look for CTCSS tones (when they're not using DES), since the old lists will tell you which agency used which CTCSS tones. (100.0 is customs, 167.9 is DEA, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.