Philadelphia Federal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRM5204

Anyone know what freqs the following agencies are using now?

U.S. Postal Police new Southwest Philly facility I know they used to use 418.3000 at the old 30th Street facility.
U.S. Marshal Service Philadelphia and Camden? I know Philly use to use 161.7125 Control RX and 164.6000 Unit to Unit and Camden, NJ Office 163.2000.
Philadelphia Metro Federal Detention Center. I tried the 400mhz trunked system and I can not pick up a control channel I dunno maybe I'm out of range.
U.S. Secret Service Philadelphia? I havent anything on 164.8000.
Customs Border Patrol Philadelphia?
ICE Philadelphia? I heard comms on 165.4625 PL100.0 in the simplex mode.
US Fish & Wildlife Jhon Heinz National Wildlife Refugee at Tinicum? I used to get them on 34.8300.

Feel free to contact me off list to exchange information.

ctrabs74

JRM5204 said:
Anyone know what freqs the following agencies are using now?

U.S. Marshal Service Philadelphia and Camden? I know Philly use to use 161.7125 Control RX and 164.6000 Unit to Unit and Camden, NJ Office 163.2000.

Just curious as to how strong the USMS signals are for the Philadelphia area. I'd like to be able to pick them up in the West Chester area...

Philadelphia Metro Federal Detention Center. I tried the 400mhz trunked system and I can not pick up a control channel I dunno maybe I'm out of range.

I would suspect it's a low power system with a signal that doesn't make it out of Center City.

The only other federal freqs that I know for certain are Coatesville VA. I don't know any of the other federal freqs in Philadelphia or if their respective signals can be heard about 25-30 miles west of Center City.

JRM5204

I would imagine you should be able to monitor the USMS Eastern District of Pennsylvania. You are in between the Philadelphia and Lancaster offices, they must have some type of two way radio system out there. Maybe they have access to the Chester Co. Trunked system.

I searched the 162-174 and 380-420 mhz ranges and haven't found any control channels. I live about a mile from Philadelphia Int'l Airport and figured there would be alot of Federal activity in the Airport area.

ctrabs74

JRM5204 said:
I searched the 162-174 and 380-420 mhz ranges and haven't found any control channels. I live about a mile from Philadelphia Int'l Airport and figured there would be alot of Federal activity in the Airport area.

A lot of TSA units at airports use simplex for their radio operations. Could that be the case at PHL?

Audiodave1

Database Admin
172.9 is almost always repeated but pretty boring listening unless something happens. Get it here in Wilmington. When near the airport simplex ops are often hears on 172.150

Dave

Audiodave1

Database Admin
P25,

95% of Philly fed traffic is P25. Analog is generally by accident but most radios are programmed to P25 only for law enforcement uses.

Dave

JRM5204

Alright Dave thanks! I will see if I can pick them up. I used to pick up alot more federal radio traffic a couple of years ago. I been searching the fed bands for about a week and haven't been picking up much.

Astro25

On my last trip to Phili I brought one of my XTS5k's with me. Some of the federal stuff was plain Astro, while some of it was encrypted. Both made for good listening..there's also some Astro airport stuff, too. Talked to a buddy of mine who works with the city while I was there and it would appear they're utilizing OFB and have phased out XL.

Astro25

Oh heck, it was a year and a half ago. I remember the Airport frequencies being on 460-463MHz repeaters, just standard Astro Digital. The other VHF stuff was a 168-173 mix, which has probably changed now. Matter of fact, I got most of it from the RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.