173.1500 MHz ? (DPL 412)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

Yesterday, I heard someone talking on this frequency. I believe it was simplex, but it was too breif to tell. The odd thing about this is that I thought it was an FBI frequency used with a PL tone of 167.9 Hz or possibly P25 digital voice, but I got this DPL code instead. Does anyone know who uses this? I only heard one quick transmission on it.

10-95

Joseph11 said:
Yesterday, I heard someone talking on this frequency. I believe it was simplex, but it was too breif to tell. The odd thing about this is that I thought it was an FBI frequency used with a PL tone of 167.9 Hz or possibly P25 digital voice, but I got this DPL code instead. Does anyone know who uses this? I only heard one quick transmission on it.

It may have been a band opening and you were hearing something from another part of the country. Band openings are a common occurance this time of the year.

Joseph11

That's probably true. It was early in the morning and I was getting tropo.

10-95

There may still be a military base somewhere where that freq is used for some purpose, probably some type of base support like maintainence or something. I think that freq was among a pool of frequencys that various bases used.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Also consider that in your county, EMS MONOC (whatever that is) has two freqs in the UHF T-band that both have 412 DPL. I was trying to figure out if it was possibly an image, but I don't know. Also, that freq appears to be an FBI freq in Dayton, Ohio (P25 digital). Maybe you can set up your scanner to record the freq.

Joseph11

I doubt it's MONOC. I've never heard them on those two frequencies before. Thanks, though.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
The feds really don't have 'FBI' frequencies, or 'any particular agency' frequencies, these days.

Stuff is scattered all over, and while they 'usually' use a given channel for the same users in different areas (though not necessarily for the same uses), it doesn't always work that way, now.

Any given agency may be found anywhere from 162-174 (12.5 KHz steps) on high band, now. Repeater, simplex, input, they're all over now.

Usually a new system will be P25, which means no CTCSS/DPL at all.

10-95

Another thought, it could be skip from a Canadian user, considering your location.

Joseph11

I wasn't getting anything else from that far at the time, so I think it's in this country. Probably in NJ, NY, or PA.

JRM5204

I have logged that freq quite a few times but it comes in weak. It may be the ARFF at Atlantic City International Airport I'll have to check my books.

Joseph11

It's used by the FD at Atlantic City International Airport, but with a DPL code of 503 (as per PhillyScanner).

Status
Not open for further replies.