Miltary Huey down in Santa Rosa Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
around 2330 CST 3-10-15 heard multiple units being dispatched to the santa rosa sound area around Hulbert field of a helio that had went down in the Santa Rosa Sound. Heard the South County freq. being toned out for boat 21 to assist with Eglin AFB and Hulbert field. From what little I have been picking up on the scanner there on Eglin's crash net freqs and there up around Naverre. Was wondering if anyone else has been monitoring the traffic. I seen either Eglin's boat or Coast Guard boat go thru the Santa Rosa Sound in FWB after they had toned out for boat 21 mutal aid with them.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Last edited by a moderator:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Military Helo down in Santa Rosa Sound

around 2330 CST 3-10-15 heard multiple units being dispatched to the santa rosa sound area around Hulbert field of a helio that had went down in the Santa Rosa Sound. Heard the South County freq. being toned out for boat 21 to assist with Eglin AFB and Hulbert field. From what little I have been picking up on the scanner there on Eglin's crash net freqs and there up around Naverre. Was wondering if anyone else has been monitoring the traffic. I seen either Eglin's boat or Coast Guard boat go thru the Santa Rosa Sound in FWB after they had toned out for boat 21 mutal aid with them.

Holley-Navarre, Navarre Beach, Gulf Breeze, Midway and Escambia County FD are using South Tac 2 154.010 for operations. Hurlburt FD Dispatch talkgroup 42412 passing coordinates of a location. It sounds like they are using the main dispatch channel for their operations. FHP Command Post has been set up on the beach near the causeway. Eglin FD talkgroups Tac 2, 3 and 4 are active but encrypted. Escambia Search and Rescue operations on 155.280.

Last edited:

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
This is a very sad day not only for Okaloosa and Santa Rosa County but also for the families of these service men and women that was aboard the chopper went down.

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
Is there a operation channel that the coast guard is using or are they on the encrypted net with Eglin AFB?

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Military Helo down in Santa Rosa Sound

Is there a operation channel that the coast guard is using or are they on the encrypted net with Eglin AFB?

Coast Guard is using CG111 162.325 and CG409 412.975 but everything is encrypted. I was hearing Coast Guard air assets working a search pattern on 237.900 AM, but nothing lately. They were recalled because of the dense fog.

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
That what i was figuring that they was running encryption. I just seen that the fog is back to getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.