Shooting at Orlando Nightclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to the stream for the past 90 minutes ago. I think they said they had at least 40 trauma alert patients at the Orlando Regional Medical Center, with the FD transporting about half of those and the others "walk"-ins. The hospital is almost immediately north of the scene. Since I heard that statistic, there has been another 5 or so trauma transports, maybe closer to 10 by now. I guess the police department was not very aggressive in securing the situation and allowing rescue of victims.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
They put almost all of the fire and medical units in service and are scaling down the fire command, so I would assume it's mostly under control at this point.

~26 transported by OFD was the latest I heard from the stearm.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
from what i gathered from the stream and friends in EMS there 40 Patients (I heard trauma alert as well), all critical, Shooter is dead according to OPD, EOD is in operation now sweeping the club

this club is just around the corner from ORMC the level 1 trauma center and the medical complex is on lockdown

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
its really not fair to them to say that they were not aggressive in securing the scene, when police arrived there was a gun battle, I know these guys at OFD and OCFR and they are top notch, OPD handled it as professional as possible

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Frankly, I'm more concerned with proficiency, competence, and efficiency. I'm not at all moved by who knows who.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Well i can tell you for sure i will put these guys up against anybody in those categories, they are top notch, again i think your comment is unfair for sure, to say that with only the transmissions from the scanner is frankly not really cool

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
20+ Dead 40+ injuries, Shooter Dead a device was found on him and in his car
FBI just said the shooter had leanings towards Radical Jihad, good lord here we go again
there was an off Duty OPD officer at the club he engaged in a gun battle with the shoorter initial, he was organized and well prepared
swat did kill the shooter and saved hostages

Last edited:

Monaco

Premium Subscriber
I wonder why the Orlando FD feed archives from 12AM-3AM are missing.

Monaco

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your efforts and reply Exportdawg. I'm concerned about the precedent this sets and would like to hear an explanation from site administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.