Sporadic Receptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9Decoy

I am using 2 BCT8 scanners and have been monitoring the city of Lakeland with no problems. For the last month or so, I am experiencing occassional periods of no reception (The same on both scanner units w/absolutely no setting changes to scenners). It appears to be scanning normally. Some days it works, others it don't. Does anyone know what might be happening?

TX

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I discovered another control channel for the Lakeland system a couple of weeks ago. If you don't have it, it could be causing the problems you've been having. Check the database and make sure you have all the freqs for the system, including 856.4125, which is the newest control channel.

tcbayly

Problem with Collier Country (CC) Trunk System

Greetings: I am in East Naples, Collier County. Within the last week, Collier's trunk system has been changing its control channel up to 6 times in 10 minutes; I no longer listen. My guess to prevent monitoring. I live 1+ miles from a simulcasting tower. I have been listening to trunk systems in N.Y. for 15 years, and have never experienced this issue. Does anyone have this problem? If so, what is the reason? Thank you in advance, TCBayly

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Didn't you post about this in a Collier County thread? Your scanner doesn't follow the control channel when it changes?

tcbayly

Control Channel (C.C.)

Mr. Bolt12: Yes I wrote my question on this panel; nevertheless I am looking for a solution. To describe the problem: Collier Sheriff dispatchers are IDs 02-021, 02-022, and 02-023 to cover certain Zones. The county abuts Broward, and Miami/Dade counties but the bprder is 50 miles away. Let's say the tone for C.C. appears on 02-023; so I block it out. 2 minutes later, 02-021 will tone and become the control channel, and so on 5 more times this happens within a 10 minute period. The radio is set to trunk, and after going to lock out 09-85 (Marco Island P.D.) I turn off the scanner; it becomes too annoying. Any ideas? Thank you

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Last I checked, control channels occupy frequencies, not talkgroups, as you are listing. Unlike some Motorola systems, EDACS systems change control channel (frequency) quite often. If your EDACS system is set up properly in your scanner I don't know why your scanner wouldn't follow the control channel changes. You shouldn't even be hearing a control channel if your system is set up properly. An EDACS control channel (freq) will sound like a motorboat when scanning in conventional mode.

And BTW, I guess I was just hoping to hear a reply from K9Decoy reference the original thread topic before the thread was hijacked from the Lakeland topic.

Last edited:

tcbayly

Sorry

Bolt12: I am sorry for interrupting your thread. BTW, my emphasis is on an issue I have never experienced with the EDACS systems used by my Summer home P.D.s (Upstate N.Y.).

tcbayly

Last I checked, control channels occupy frequencies, not talkgroups, as you are listing. Unlike some Motorola systems, EDACS systems change control channel (frequency) quite often. If your EDACS system is set up properly in your scanner I don't know why your scanner wouldn't follow the control channel changes. You shouldn't even be hearing a control channel if your system is set up properly. An EDACS control channel (freq) will sound like a motorboat when scanning in conventional mode.

And BTW, I guess I was just hoping to hear a reply from K9Decoy reference the original thread topic before the thread was hijacked from the Lakeland topic.
In addition: I believe your use of the word "hijacked" is inappropriate. BTW, you quote President Reagan; I worked for Mr. Reagan for 3 years, out of an office in the West Wing. My first scanner was given to me 35 years ago; I am not a novice to whom to be condescended.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
ctbailey,
BTW, my emphasis is on an issue I have never experienced with the EDACS systems used by my Summer home P.D.s (Upstate N.Y.).
Which still leaves me wondering why you commented on a Lakeland Motorola system thread before the original poster responded to the first reply given and before the original issue was resolved.

In addition: I believe your use of the word "hijacked" is inappropriate.
Sorry to offend you. In internet lingo, what happened to this thread is called "hijacking." Again, not meant to offend you.

BTW, you quote President Reagan; I worked for Mr. Reagan for 3 years, out of an office in the West Wing. My first scanner was given to me 35 years ago; I am not a novice to whom to be condescended.
And I'm the one who's being condescending? I even tried to help you out. Guess I need to take my Reagan quote down.

Last edited:

tcbayly

Bolt21: The problem has resolved as quickly as it appeared; The Sun (Spots; Flares) may have been the culprit. Whatever the reason, thank you for your help. Sincerely, TCB

Status
Not open for further replies.