Collier County EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackerdoc

Premium Subscriber
Anyone having trouble hearing Collier County EDACS?

I recently programmed my 396t using the 20 frequencies as listed in the RR database for Naples Simulcast, Site 001 Hex 1. I could only receive the control channel. Then, I recalled that in the past there were only 15 frequencies in the database, I believe. I noticed that the first 5 frequencies begin with 854.xxx mhz. I also noticed that the first 5 frequencies, when programmed into my old 950xlt, had no traffic on them. So, I re-programmed the 396t without using the first 5 frequencies in the database, adjusting the LCN to begin with the sixth frequency as LCN 1. It seemed to fix the problem, as I now am receiving all talkgroups... and it only took me 8 hours to figure this out!

Just interested if anyone else has had this problem, or if any of the above makes sense.

k3ocm

The Collier Simulcast System is in fact only a 15 channel system. Whoever posted the the first 5 frequencies is in error. Hopefully someone can get this removed fromt he database.

itinkham

Database Admin
That is the lineup for late-summer currently being worked on by the techs.
I've re-labeled them as "Current" and "Future" to avoid confusion.

gcr33

I don't believe that it's a true 15 channel simulcast system. I don't think the I-75 site has but a few channels and the same for Immokolee.

k3ocm

The Naples Simulcast system is in fact only 15 channels. At present, the expansion is TBD.

The "current listing" in the datebase is in error as it lists the usable channels as 6 through 20. If you put that in your scanner that way, it will not work.

All references to additional channels on this system should be removed until (if & when) it actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.