Miami Dade Police Dispatch Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdacal

If anyone is familiar with the Country Club area of Miami. It's just north of Miami Lakes. Approximately at NW 186th Street and NW 67th Ave.,

My actual question is if you are familiar with the area, which dispatch channel is appropriate? North or Miami Lakes?

I saw a post from someone who had posted a grid map, but the link is bad on it.

mhzscan

If anyone is familiar with the Country Club area of Miami. It's just north of Miami Lakes. Approximately at NW 186th Street and NW 67th Ave.,

My actual question is if you are familiar with the area, which dispatch channel is appropriate? North or Miami Lakes?

That would be District 1 NORTHWEST. I believe that would be 04-021. When in lived in Dade, it used to be called Miami Lakes Dispatch (labeled "MIA-LKS" on the PD radios). Since Miami Lakes became incorporated as a town, the district name has changed from Miami Lakes to Northwest. Not sure what the channel is called now, but I would image it would be Northwest dispatch with an alpha tag of N-WEST.

I was probably the one that posted the "Grid" map, actually it was a google earth .kmz file. The site is currently down, im in the process of redesigning it. The new URL will be mhzscan.com . For now if you need some more information on MDPD's Northwest District and a boundary map, just visit the link below:
Miami-Dade County - Miami-Dade Police.

If your interested in the KMZ file, PM me and ill email you the file.

Hope this helps,

MHZScan

jdacal

Thanks mhzscan. After listening for a while I was able to figure out it was the MIA-LKS in the database, they still call it MIA-LKS even though it covers a huge area as your graphic shows.

I had been looking for that graphic or something similar all day on Google. I guess I was off on the keywords. :)

Thanks for your reply, it helped to dissipate some doubts I was still having.

I replied yesterday but I must have shut my browser down without hitting the post button.

mhzscan

JDACAL, Sorry for the late response...been extremely busy. Glad you got it all sorted out. Thanks for additional info on MIA-LKS.

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber

There is no dispatch called North. It is called Northside which is near 79 street and 27 avenue.
Country Club of Miami is dispatched by District 1 Miami Lakes. This channel is also shared by The City of Miami Lakes and Opa Locka.

jdacal

Janfine, correct regarding District 1. I heard but have not confirmed that the west border is to NW 47th Ave.

Do you know if West of 47th Ave would be Northside?

Status
Not open for further replies.