Polk County updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Question for whoever submitted the updates to the Polk P25 system-

The "Tac 2" TGs used to be "Substation." Are the "Tac 2" designations confirmed?

Also wondering why Lake Wales PD has a "Dispatch" TG when they are dispatched by Polk County (on the SE Disp TG). The same goes for Auburndale PD and Winter Haven PD (dispatched on the Central Disp TG).

Anyways, thanks for the updates.

Last edited:

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bolt,

That's correct, all of the Tac2 talkgroups should be renamed substation. I was in Florida when the system switched over and personally confirmed the substation talkgroups. Great observation on the county dispatched municipalities (Lake Wales, Auburndale, Winter Haven) - those talkgroups descriptions should be changed.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
Not trying to disagree with anyone but i have heard the Polk sheriff's Deputy's refer to the substation channel as TAC 2
not sure why but I'll check with Someone i know and see if the sheriff radios are tac 2 or substation

Also scene the sheriff's office has taken over the fire dispatch office they are no longer known as
COMM "C" they are called Dispatch and
The Sheriff's office is no longer called Bartow they are also known as Dispatch

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
The Sheriff's office is no longer called Bartow they are also known as Dispatch

That's really going to confuse all the dispatchers who think their first name is Bartow.

Thanks in advance for looking into the Tac 2/Sub designation issue.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
No i haven't heard back on the e mail i sent I'll try resending it tonight all tho i have heard the SO refer to 5001 5004 & etc as Tac 1

drailog

Can anyone offer help with programing a BCD996xt to work on the new P25 system, I also use RadioReference to down load and install the freqs, just not receiving anything. Must be a setting...

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Can someone keep an ear on TGID 5155 please? I know it's a MedCom TG but not sure what institution it's assigned to. It is NOT a busy TG. I heard a patient report but couldn't make out the hospital name when they acknowledged.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I did bring my new PSR800 up from Sarasota County to Polk today and after scanning at McDonalds for about 30 minutes I was impressed with the radio. I did want to try it in my car with the outside antenna but did not get a chance. The audio was good, much better then my 500. I will check it out again soon but I will go to Lee County. I would suggest that before buying any scanner I would check out the 800 on P25. I guess it will be better when the other two towers are in operation.
Any questions please let me know as I am still playing with radio.
Ed

Thefish561

after going through my codeplug I can not find that talkgroup at all, I will try and get a new codeplug this weekend. the last talkgroup is 1422 which is lake wales hospital. I will continue to work on this issue

TEH

Hello radio friends,

I've seen posts stating that Polk County is continuing to run at least some channels on its analog trunk system, for interop and other purposes. Can anyone advise:

1. Is this true?
2. What channels, or at least what control channels used for the analog system?
3. Any known talkgroups & users on this alleged analog system?

thank you

michaelsbus

Nope, the analog system is gone. They kept it alive for a few days, but then pulled the plug. The RR page for the old system is still there, with all the freqs and talkgroups. Alas, all is dead.

I get the impression that there's someone on the "inside" who has contributed info to this site. It appears that not much planning went into the talkgroup assignments for the switchover. I have a LONG list of the talkgroups on the old system, but the new system lists not nearly as many. Some new data contributed seems to be filling the gap, but some of the numbering is puzzling. I would have expected that all of the users on the old system would be carried over to the new system, with a numbering structure that would make sense for the present, and allow for future expansion.

Now if someone would just bless me with a job so I can get a new scanner and start confirming all this!

Also, maybe I'm hearing things, but it seems the paging freq is having a lot of problems. Phasing, fading, etc. And one dispatcher on each shift seems to have a bad headset - noise like a bad connector or intermittant cable making "fuzzy" noises on the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.