New manatee county talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
i am starting this new thread on Manatee County talkgroups due to the fact the last Manatee County thread got hijacked by GOVERNMENTUNOFFICIALS childish antics. i am asking the same dosent happen to this one. put it real simple if you dont live in Manatee County or actually monitor it or otherwise somehow are connected to this system or if you dont have correct informative information or have no idea what you are talking about, this is no place for you, dont add your 2 cents in unless it is pertaining to the Manatee County public Safety Radio System!! now that being said lests move on to something more related to why people read this site, RADIOS!!!!

i have noticed many new talkgroups on this system they are as follows: 02-045 possibly MSO range units, 02-050 sounds like some form of MSO DETECTIVES , i would really like to know what division (narcotics,gangs,s.i.b , c.i.b or what ever this groups is assigned to. , 02-064 is listed in the database as MSO? lets try to figure out who with MSO uses it. 02-090 unknown use but sounds like MSO and it is in their talkgroup range any talkgroup that begins with 02-*** is MSO. 10-014 i have no idea who is using this but it is LAW ENFORCEMENT im going to guess some form of BPD Detectives since it is in their talkgroup block, 10-017 appears to be MSO to BPD of some sorts have heard this identified as group 6. 10-024 appears to also be some kind of BPD group, 10-024, yet another unidentified group in BPD's block, 10-026 is already listed in the database as a BPD group but the users are unknown lets try to find out who this belongs to. also in the BPD range is 10-027 sounds like it might be some kind of pre shift briefing group but dont quote me on that, 10-085 have heard identified as group 45 that would fir into Palmetto's block so it might be something with PPD but like i said im not positive. 04-073 is some kind of fire rescue group, 15-121 , 15-123, 15-126 are all some kind of patches, to who i dont know, lets try to figure it out, 04-025, 04-026, 04-027 are E.M.S groups lets get group numbers on theses. 08-105 , 08-106 sounds like radio techs or test groups but im not sure lets try to confirm this. that is all the new talkgroups that i have seen so far i will post any additional new ones i see, also the fuctions of these groups aside from group 6 is strictly speculation none of these have been 100% confirmed. would love to see them all confirmed in the database since that hasn't been updated in a while

offdoody93

albany-colonie, n.y.-Snowbird Ellenton, Fla
Hijacked by "Fake" Govt Official.

Bravo. Keep up the good work.
I listen to Manatee County every night here in NY for a couple hours on the internet. Unfortunately I have no control over what I'm listening to. (I can't pause or stop on a specific talk group so can only play the game of chance in following the groups. I am a "snowbird" from January to the middle of May. During these months in 2010 I was able to scan and discover quite a few talk groups that I don't think were known by too many. I have them saved in my Win500 files that I use for my RS Pro 106. I will check that file and make a comparison to yours (when I get a chance) and let you know if their is anything that may be of some benefit to you or this site.
I hope Manatee is still monitorable when I return in Jan. 2011.

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
Bravo. Keep up the good work.
I listen to Manatee County every night here in NY for a couple hours on the internet. Unfortunately I have no control over what I'm listening to. (I can't pause or stop on a specific talk group so can only play the game of chance in following the groups. I am a "snowbird" from January to the middle of May. During these months in 2010 I was able to scan and discover quite a few talk groups that I don't think were known by too many. I have them saved in my Win500 files that I use for my RS Pro 106. I will check that file and make a comparison to yours (when I get a chance) and let you know if their is anything that may be of some benefit to you or this site.
I hope Manatee is still monitorable when I return in Jan. 2011.

what groups are you capable of receiving on the net? how do you like the PRO106, i have a Pro 96 and i think it works pretty good, i havent gotten a chance to use a 106 yet was wondering how they work. my opinion i think Manatee County will still be in the clear as of January,2011. ProVoice just wont work until they build at least one more tower site possibly more, and that will take some money to do. i think with all of the budget cuts and shortfalls the county probably has alot more urgent things to blow a couple million of tax payers money on then going PROVOICE for the one purpose of keeping scanner listeners from hearing the MSO radio traffic. i appreciate you looking into those talk groups for me. also i dont know if you do or how much you monitor Sarasota County , but if you do when you get back to FL you will need to set a custom band plan for your 106 ever since Sarasota went through rebanding about 3 months ago. Feel free to hit me up on here or on P.M with any info or questions on Manatee or Sarasota Counties, and i will try my best to answer them.

offdoody93

albany-colonie, n.y.-Snowbird Ellenton, Fla
Pro 106 & monitoring

As far as Pro 106 goes....It's better than the 96 for digital (for my area) but both pickup conventional about the same. I got the 106 because the 96 sucked at receiving digital. (my area) Lately I've noticed the 106 is missing quite a bit of the digital transmissions also but I think part of the problem is Don Star's Win 500 program. I'm sure some swear by it and I can only say it works great for me as far as being able to watch what's going on with the scanner on my PC but it took me many hours (my stupidity??) of getting the scanner programmed but only to the point of entering frequencies and talkgroups etc without having any "help file" that could assist me in "tweaking" my scanner with this program. The extended settings portion of the software is a total mystery to the average hobbyist. You have no idea what you change to make your scanner work better. It gives a scary warning that if you change these settings it will have a detrimental effect on your radio if "set badly". What is this crap? We (or I) have no clue of setting it badly, or goodly :) Will my radio blow up if I "set it badly"? PLEASE......HELP FILES NEEDED!!!
Bottom line, I don't think I should have to search the internet and be required to register with certain websites in order to post or get answers to questions I have about software that I paid for.
In order to try & cut this short.......If you can receive Analog Manatee county and digital Sarasota county with what you already have, don't waste your money on a new scanner. However, I can only add that my Pro 106 that was programmed for digital Sarasota county would receive poorly from Ellenton....better when I was in Sarasota but I truly suspect it was a programming, frequency & talk group issues.
I'll have to check with a buddy who used Scan Lite software on his Pro 107. He was very satisfied with it but I don't think he tried monitoring Sarasota/digital from Ellenton.
Your help will be needed and appreciated for monitoring Sarasota when I return.

Status
Not open for further replies.