Trans care hillsborough county

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Hi
Does anyone have the frequencies for Trans Care ambulance in Tampa? If so please post them. Thanks in advance.

I don't think they have their own frequencies. It appears they conduct all of their operations directly with Hillsborough and Tampa Fire dispatch.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
That info is not accurate. They use a UHF frequency licensed through a local 2 way shop for business comms. The also comunicate directly with HCFR/TFR/ Hospitals on the standard radio systems for those services. TampaTyron

FLA2760

That info is not accurate. They use a UHF frequency licensed through a local 2 way shop for business comms. The also comunicate directly with HCFR/TFR/ Hospitals on the standard radio systems for those services. TampaTyron

If you know the frequency could you post it? Thanks in advance.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber

I stand corrected. However I already said the second part.

FLA2760

Tampa I knew you were correct about Trans Care using the Tampa FR frequencies. The other day I was monitoring a bank that has only 400 MHz frequencies programmed and from the next room I clearly heard a Trans Care unit come over with being available from Tampa General. By the time I got back to the scanner it was scanning again. The thing is if you do a search on the FCC database there is nothing listed forTrans Care. I wonder if they are using a second radio with frequencies that are not listed?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Bolt 21 is real close...........
I cannot provide further info because I design and maintain said communication system(s) and if they were a customer of mine, I would likely be under non-disclosure. TampaTyron

FLA2760

I went through the listed LTR systems for Hillsborough County and programmed a few into my Pro 164 if I get any Trans Care traffic on them I will let you know.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Department of Redundancy Department,
Congrats! You have excluded HCSO radio shop, City of Tampa radio shop, and Communications Intl Inc (CII). There are several other providers in the area. To narrow it down, I do work for commercial, State, Federal, and International customers. I also work directly for the State and Federal gov't in disaster comms as a temporary disaster employee. I would be happy to provide my work contact info offline, but it really should not be hard to figure out. I had an issue recently with a large regional trauma center's aviation freq and interference requiring FCC intervention. It was loosely documented in the aviation forum here, on batlabs, and involved other shops locally. TampaTyron

FLA2760

Congrats! You have excluded HCSO radio shop, City of Tampa radio shop, and Communications Intl Inc (CII). There are several other providers in the area. To narrow it down, I do work for commercial, State, Federal, and International customers. I also work directly for the State and Federal gov't in disaster comms as a temporary disaster employee. I would be happy to provide my work contact info offline, but it really should not be hard to figure out. I had an issue recently with a large regional trauma center's aviation freq and interference requiring FCC intervention. It was loosely documented in the aviation forum here, on batlabs, and involved other shops locally. TampaTyron

Thanks Dick Tracy.

Ok but what i dont get is why were in a different forum asking if anybody could program your EDACS radio to Hillsborough Counties system.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Glad you asked.

News,
Glad you asked! I was issued a radio by another county and did not have the current software to program it (700p, my CII contact left a while ago). Also, my contact at the HCSO shop said they did not have the newer software to do it (guessing he was unwilling-official requests via appropriate channels were denied). I was looking to get rx only on a few tgs on East and West. Mostly looking for LZ, ALL Hosp,EMS Disp, etc (this is where my hospital customer's radios operate). I would use is as a diagnostic tool, especially when the HCSO system is having issues (voting, simulcast delay, skip, interference, etc). It makes it easy to determine a system issue vs. radio issue. It also makes a big difference in setting up tone control and telex/motorola voip links. As you know, scanners suck diodes in a RF dense environment like atop a tall hospital housing one of the busiest West sites out there. I have rectified this situation by acquiring an MPA (no NPSPAC, but that is no problem). Sorry for the mini-flame above. I come from a generation where you expect each person to be a professional until they prove otherwise. With the internet, it seems this is now uncommon. Thank you for not responding to my sarcasm, TampaTyron.

News,
Glad you asked! I was issued a radio by another county and did not have the current software to program it (700p, my CII contact left a while ago). Also, my contact at the HCSO shop said they did not have the newer software to do it (guessing he was unwilling-official requests via appropriate channels were denied). I was looking to get rx only on a few tgs on East and West. Mostly looking for LZ, ALL Hosp,EMS Disp, etc (this is where my hospital customer's radios operate). I would use is as a diagnostic tool, especially when the HCSO system is having issues (voting, simulcast delay, skip, interference, etc). It makes it easy to determine a system issue vs. radio issue. It also makes a big difference in setting up tone control and telex/motorola voip links. As you know, scanners suck diodes in a RF dense environment like atop a tall hospital housing one of the busiest West sites out there. I have rectified this situation by acquiring an MPA (no NPSPAC, but that is no problem). Sorry for the mini-flame above. I come from a generation where you expect each person to be a professional until they prove otherwise. With the internet, it seems this is now uncommon. Thank you for not responding to my sarcasm, TampaTyron.

Yeah but it`s illegal to have one Tx capable or not. You can not have a radio programed to a county system with out there consent. So if went to somebody and had it program other than the county doing it, you and that person would be committing a crime.

Sorry they denied you, you know the county has provided all the media with EDACS radios which are Rx only. Wonder why they turned you down?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.