Coconut Creek, Fl new frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagatha

Would anybody know the new frequencies? The city switched to a new system this past weekend.

LittleE

Will be able to recieve these frequency on a 800mhz scanner or are these days done
Thanks !!!!!

epersson

Feed Provider
You will need a trunking scanner to get best results but the BSO sites are listed in the database and except for rebanding haven't changed.

LittleE

Was wondering what type of scanner I would need to pick up Coconut Creek Police......I see a few on e-bay but dont want to buy the wrong one.....Any help would be great Thanks Greg

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Was wondering what type of scanner I would need to pick up Coconut Creek Police......I see a few on e-bay but dont want to buy the wrong one.....Any help would be great Thanks Greg

Any scanner capable of Trunk Tracking should work, since Coconut Creek is analog. You should be sure that the scanner is capable of working with rebanded systems, as site 1 will be rebanding eventually.

Ercey711

Just purchased a Uniden BCD396XT Scanner. I just want to listen to the Coconut Creek Florida Police. Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to do so? Having A hard time with this.

Ercey711

Coconut Creek Police

As of Apr. 04, 2012 I was listening to the Coconut Creek Police with no problem. Beginning on the 5th there has been nothing. Anyone know anything??

Thanks,

Joe

Ercey711

Broward County site 1 now rebanded

Okay, Thanks for that!! Now for the hard part. How easy is it to reprogram the Uniden BCD396XT Scanner?? Do I just need to enter the number like in the old days when entering the Freq.?? or is it more complicated then that?

Thanks

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Go to the menu, select "Program System"; Then choose the system to edit; then select "Edit Site"; choose the site; then select "Set Frequencies"; then select "New Frequency"; then add the new control channels. You can just leave the old ones, or delete them, it doesn't matter as long as the old ones aren't used again.

Make sure you have selected "Control Channel Only" in the menu system so that you don't need to add all of the voice frequencies.

LittleE

Ok folks Im back with a new question.. I kinda gave up when Coconut Creek trunked there system ...... I picked up a RS PRO91 for 20 bucks kinda gambled on it... I put in the freq 857.3625 and started to here police call again .... Seems like its picking up all broward county ... Is there a way to just pick up Coconut Creek ....or should i be looking for a digital scanner Thanks again !!!!!!

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the PRO-91, but it should work on the Broward County system, as long as it's a trunking scanner.

Basically, you need to enter all 28 of the Broward County Site 001 frequencies. The information can be found here

Then you scroll down the page until you get to the Coconut Creek information, and enter just the talkgroups that you want to monitor.

There's no way to just enter a single frequency and hear only Coconut Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.