Pinellas will need new feed provider(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klentathu

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon or evening wherever you are. My house is currently under contract and I expect to close on or before 02/28/2012. A few days prior to that date, my feed for Pinellas County S.O, Pinellas County Fire Dispatch and TAC channels, St. Pete Police, and Pinellas Park Police will cease to exist from my end as I am moving out of state.

We actually need two feed providers who are capable of running a trunk tracker currently in Motorola Type II analog but eventually in P25 digital....one for the law enforcement end and one for the Fire/EMS end.

I have thoroughly enjoyed providing the feed with a 99 % perfect record, but I will be moving to Cherokee County, North Carolina where I hope to be able to feed local and state law enforcement (FD/EMS is already online).

Anyone interested can reply on this forum thread or send my a private message and I will help them set up there scanner for the proper frequencies and talk groups (most of which have been kept up to date by wise871)

Thanks for your help!

Tryton

Thank You for your YEARS of Service! Both Scanner and police related! Hope you have a safe move!!

Tryton

mooocho

Thanks for the awesome feed! I'm sad to hear you go. I enjoy listening to Pinellas County as that is where my wife's family is, and there's always plenty of action. Best of luck in NC!

Tryton

If folks here in pinellas had to choose between the PCSO feeds or Fire/EMS, which one would you choose? My pick would be Fire/Ems.. Yours?

Klentathu

Premium Subscriber
Fire v. Police Feed

Well, since I am a retired cop, I prefer the police feed....but I have the advantage of actually recognizing the dispatcher's voices so I know which talk group it is without looking.....however, it is also true that law enforcement uses secure communications with laptop computers and cell phones more and more. Really the only "action" on the police channels which you can hear blow by blow information are the "in progress" situations such as robbery in progress, burglary in progress, canine tracking, and of course, my favorite, the vehicular pursuit. It is extremely rare to hear any investigative information passsed by clear analog voice transmission.

Fire Dispatch and TAC channels tend to provide more information by voice and you can hear the action as it happens when they are fighting a fire or performing a major rescue.....particularly interesting during severe weather as they usually get the report first (in Pinellas County, Fire/EMS runs the 911 operations center).

The best is to have both worlds simulaneously but on different feeds. If you are not aware, you can create a stereo feed by having one feed in WinAmp and tuning the balance to the far right and then having a second feed come in by webplayer....this effectively puts the webplayer feed on the left speaker....similar to the way pilots listen to two frequencies at once, one in each ear.

At any rate...I am hopeful someone will fill the void when I leave. I am already in process of preparing to reprogram my scanner for my trip....as a licensed ham operator, I am one of the lucky ones that can legally have a scanner in my car, but that is for another thread.

Thanks all for the complements.

Status
Not open for further replies.