Lakeland Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuldWilly

Premium Subscriber
We've just retired back to our home town.
I'm beginning to suspect that I've been misled by PoliceScanner.net. On their recommedation I purchased a RS PRO 164.
What do I need for the Polk County P25 (digital?) and the Lakeland Police (analog?) I have two analog scanners but no Police nor Fire Dept frequencies.
Thanks in advance.

exportdawg

We've just retired back to our home town.
I'm beginning to suspect that I've been misled by PoliceScanner.net. On their recommedation I purchased a RS PRO 164.
What do I need for the Polk County P25 (digital?) and the Lakeland Police (analog?) I have two analog scanners but no Police nor Fire Dept frequencies.
Thanks in advance.

You will need a digital scanner for the Polk P25 System. I recommend the RS Pro 106. The 106 does both Digital and analog. You can catch them on sale often on the Radio shack website or buy a used one off of ebay or similar site. imo

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
Rumor has it that lakeland city are considering switching to a new Digital system (NOT P-25) some time in the next year or two. has anyone else heard about this ?

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Haven't heard any rumors but that seems highly unlikely with the big push for P25 to be the eventual PS standard. Just my .02 pesos.

Lakeland,apx moto

Employees of all dept.are training on apx radios ,purchased recently,p25 generation 2

daltonamon

Premium Subscriber
They have switched!!! 5/15/2013 is the date they switched!!

rumor has it that lakeland city are considering switching to a new digital system (not p-25) some time in the next year or two. Has anyone else heard about this ?

they have switched!!! 5/15/2013 is the date they switched!! I dont even know how to get the frequencies to listen to them. I have both a uniden bct15 and a uniden bcd996xt how can i get the lakeland police dept now????????/

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Use the same freqs and make the system MOT P25. Take the talkgroups from the old analog system and divide them by 16 to get the new talkgroups for the digital system.

kayleesdad

859.7625 CONTROL CHANNEL P25
TDMA C4FM
Most all is P4 ENC or partially ENC.
858.7625 a
858.4125 a
856.4125 a

Edit- is this Lakeland or something else?
The call sign is wcna380 on unitrunker, in the FCC database there is a Lakeland wnca380.

Last edited:

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
That's the cc that's lit up on my 396T. Are any TGs showing up? TGs 51 and 53 should have LE traffic on them.

I can see TGs pop up, but no voice. I thought that I was just too far to get full decode, but maybe they really are TDMA. If encrypted also, say bye-bye to yet another LE agency. Yay.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Ok, thanks guys. Maybe someone with a TDMA capable scanner can tell us if FR is in the clear.

No real big shock regarding ENC. This hobby has self-destructed and we've sat back and let it happen.

Edit - Joe, you snuck your post in before mine. Couldn't remember that model number off the top of my head. That's what I was thinking of.

kayleesdad

a couple screen shots from unitrunker. bandplan and frequencies. not sure what it means with all those odd frequencies. maybe i have an older version of unitrunker.

Attachments

• Doc1 - Copy.pdf
    173.4 KB · Views: 263

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
Lakeland Frequencies

are the new frequencies on the data base for download. We are running a series of scanners thru out polk county most are Trunktrackers and need to get lakeland up and running again any help would be appreciated

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SPH-L710 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

We know that PD is encrypted, and according to the database, FD is as well. The days of monitoring Lakeland public safety are over. There is no scanner on the market that can monitor encryption, nor will there ever be.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SPH-L710 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I can just hear the slick Big M salesman laying it on LPD's new lady chief.

"Ok, we've got you some nice new radios in P25 flavor. Would you like some tasty encryption sprinkles on top?"

She obviously didn't consult with Grady Judd concerning his take on encryption.

Last edited:

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
Lakeland

I have the all clear to buy any scanner need be to get lakeland up and running again. so it would be a waste of money and time doing so. scannermaster told us threy can program for 150.00 all our scanners are running thru pc programs anyway. but if they are encrypted no pointe thanks for your help

AuldWilly

Premium Subscriber
Encrypted?

I spoke to the LPD director od communications in Feb 2013. He advised then of the change to digital but indicated that encryption would not be used. Do you have info to the contrary?

Status
Not open for further replies.