Orange County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
The Orange County P25 system will go live in the wee hours of the morning of May 8.

Public Safety (PDs, FDs) will be the initial inhabitants. Other county departments, public schools, and utilities will come active during the rest of the year.

Talkgroup IDs will be the same as the analog system. PDs will be encrypted.

Larry

TEH

Orange Co P25 system

Hello Larry,

Thanks for the helpful posting. Couple of questions about the changes

1. Will Orange County continue to operate its analog system for an extended period as City of Orlando did, or will the analog system go silent in a few days?

2. It appears that Orange County will continue to operate separate SmartZone sites, such as the jail, convention center, Winter Garden. Is that the case, or will all of the communications be on one countywide system, such as Osceola and Seminole Counties use?

Thank you

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Orange's decision to encrypt has convinced me to never spend a penny of my hard earned money in their county. People's Republic of Disney included.

james32746

Premium Subscriber
I think only OCSO and UCF PD will be encrypted, Winter Garden and Ocoee have shown no signs so far of encrypting.

Corrections, Court Services, and Fire/EMS will also be linked to both systems by the SmartX site converter for interop. purposes.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
James:

Winter Garden and Ocoee may go...they have the functionality in their radios.

TEH:

The analog system will remain up for a time while the rest of the Orange County departments, as well as OUC, migrate, which will take some time. I don't know what the timetable is. The P25 and analog equipment are co-located, so the sites will not change. It will essentially mirror the analog system.

Bolt:

I don't think they'll miss it.

Larry

james32746

Premium Subscriber
James:

Winter Garden and Ocoee may go...they have the functionality in their radios.

TEH:

The analog system will remain up for a time while the rest of the Orange County departments, as well as OUC, migrate, which will take some time. I don't know what the timetable is. The P25 and analog equipment are co-located, so the sites will not change. It will essentially mirror the analog system.

Bolt:

I don't think they'll miss it.

Larry

You are right Larry, Ocoee PD has shown up on PRO96COM with the (ENC) notation next to their dispatch and tactical talkgroup equivalents on the P25 system. This would mean all LEA except for Eatonville would be P25 encrypted and Eatonville P25 unencrypted with no analog remaining in Orange County.

Last edited:

danf161

Heads up everyone.If you have the P25 system already programmed in, turn it on. OCSO is transmitting digital. I don't have another scanner to compare the P25 transmissions and analog but the P25 system is active on the OCSO side. I've yet to hear FD come up. When I switch to analog they are still there too. It started around early afternoon today. The best part is, I have 396xt and can still hear them!!! (at least for now) Soooo program those P25 tacs in and give it a listen. It sounds awesome!

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, OCSO is only in the clear for now because it is being retransmitted to new system from the old system through the SmartX switch because units are still affiliating to the old system on the analog talkgroups until Tuesday morning.

Example of such:

On Friday afternoon, an OCSO unit keyed up (yes it was encrypted) on one of the patrol talkgroups on the new system and an radio services technician was monitoring the new system and told the OCSO user to switch back to the zone with the analog talkgroups until Tuesday morning. When the OCSO user came back affiliating with the old system the transmission was in the clear (with the RID from the old system compared to a different ID when the unit was transmitting solely on the P25 system).

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Some SO units were given early access to the P25 system for evaluation and testing. That's probably what danfl was hearing. As for the other, somebody apparently didn't pay attention to their email!

Larry

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I currently own a vacation home in Davenport (Polk County) but an considering buying a home in Dr. Phillips in the next few years (after my daughter graduates high school). So as a possible future resident of Orange County, I am concerned that OCSO will be encrypting routine dispatch. Reason being is that the scanner has notified me many times in the past when a crime has occurred in my subdivision. I can think of at least 3 occasions at my Davenport home I heard the helicopter overhead, turned on the scanner, and found out that there was a burglary in the neighborhood and the perps were still in the area only a few blocks away. My daughter was playing outside at the time and I immediately called her to come inside. Without the scanner I would have been clueless about any dangers.

I have heard that OCSO is considering putting an online CAD system on their website after they encrypt to keep the public informed on crimes in the county. I hope that this CAD system is current and updated to provide a disposition of the job. Does anyone know the details behind this project?

thanks,

TEH

Orange Co digital system

Hello radio friends,

Thank you for your helpful postings. The Orange Co Shf Office has a "calls in progress" website. You can view it by going to this link directly:
Calls For Service

Or, go to OCSO website

Orange County Sheriff's Office > HOME
then on left side of screen, click on the green bar for "media relations"
then click on the bottom green bar that slides out labeled "calls for service"

This is similar to websites of Orlando PD; Orange Co Fire; Volusia Co Sheriff; and Marion Co Fire.

exportdawg

Here you go. Decimal TG's for the P25 system.

851.13750a, 851.41250c, 852.35000a, 852.60000a, 858.43750a, 859.43750a

Fire 1 (Dispatch) Group 131
Fire 2 Group 133
Fire 3 Group 135
Fire 4 Group 137
Fire 5 Group 139
Fire 6 Group 141
Fire 7 Group 143
Fire 8 Group 145
Fire 9 Group 147
Fire 10 Group 149
Fire 11 Group 151
Fire 12 Group 153
Fire 13 Group 155
Fire 14 Group 157
Fire 15 Group 159
MA 1 Group 443
MA 2 Group 445
MA 3 Group 447
MA 4 Group 449
MA 5 Group 451
MA 6 Group 453
MA 7 Group 455
MA 8 Group 457
EMS-OPS Group 269
Disaster A Group 21
Disaster B Group 23
Disaster C Group 25

Last edited:

TonyOrlando

Premium Subscriber
Oc p25 trs

Can the Pro-96 still track this? I programmed by downloading from RR and using the TG info provided here (thanks) and the Win96 software.

Not hearing anything

I thought I remember having to add a custom table

TEH

Orange Co P25 system

1. Hello Exportdawg, thanks for your very helpful info.

2. To TonyOrlando, I have programmed a Pro-96 & a Pro-2096 using ARC 96, and am monitoring the system & talkgroups. Set the software for Motorola P25 system, and it should work.

3. 267 is an ambulance to hospital talkgroup, unk which one; 291 is PSAP

4. At least for now, the talkgroups are simulcast on the Orange Co analog system. So on your analog Motorola radios and analog trunking scanners you are hearing the audio from the digital system on its analog equivalent talkgroup.

5. Ocoee PD is encrypted. I have not confirmed, but a co-worker informs me that Winter Garden PD is encrypted.

Thanks everyone, please keep posting the helpful info.

ac4jx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
From AC4JX

Thanks for the 10-43 despite it being bad news. I suppose my UNIDEN SCANNER with the APCO-25 card is NOT going to help me with this problem?
Really bites, since I live in Brevard & like to listen to my daughter who works for Orange County S.O.
Any : "fixes" in the forecast that you may know of?
Sure wish I hadn't spent all that money on a DIGITAL scanner...it's useless other than listening to the SPACE CENTER (which is boring) & the Cape Security people....nearly as boring. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.