Kennedy Space Center - all encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the assist, but that link says KSC is not going to the new system, so I'm not sure it applies?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Word on the street is that security has gone all encrypted.

waltmapb

Feed Provider
I have monitored the KSC system on the original frequencies and everything comes in fine. There are no encrypted talk groups that I can hear. I don't know about the RR feed status, but the KSC ,CCAFS and PAFB systems are still up and seem to be the prime systems at this time.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
Waltmapb, The frequencies on the link are for military purposes. What you have to remember is that NASA is actually a private organization supported by the government. The frequencies you are talking about are part of the new system the military is using nationwide and most of them are in the clear. Here in NY West point uses them and they come in clear as a bell. Some places I have been told do have some groups encrypted,but those are intel groups.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update. I am hearing some but not security... Just a quiet time or are they encrypted?

scanphreak

Waltmapb, The frequencies on the link are for military purposes. What you have to remember is that NASA is actually a private organization supported by the government.

I beg to differ, NASA is not a private organization supported by the government. NASA is the government agency that is responsible for the nation's civilian space program and for aeronautics and aerospace research. They also support many military aerospace missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.