Not Receiving SPPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webley445

I have not been able to receiving any traffic from Saint Pete tonight. I am downtown near Bayfront. There is another local agency that is very close by that also monitors SPPD and I heard them talking about not being able to hear SP also unless they placed their radios specifically on SP channels only. Talked to a friend of mine in SP and their radios are working fine and no issues.
Anyone else not able to pick them up? Am listening to the stream as I post with my scanner also on and neither one is picking up anything from SP.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Not hearing them on the analog system but they are talking away on the P25 system. Must have switched over.

Last edited:

LeapFrog

SPPD switched to Pinellas P25

It is surprising that the switchover to the P25 system occurred so silently... I missed any discussion either on the air or in the RR forums about the changeover. Anyone have the full list of talkgroups? - the list here in the database seems incomplete.

Buddlite

Premium Subscriber
I had and still do have same problem, if they switched over to P25 system what does that mean to me??? I have a Radio Shack PRO-164 scanner, do I have to get someone to reprogram iit again for me??? All help appreciated thanks!!!

Last edited:

David

Does it matter which site you listen to on the P25 site, I am in North county , am listening to 5
Its ok, but alot of garble, I switched to narrow FM, but still some Garble ?

dlettiere

I had and still do have same problem, if they switched over to P25 system what does that mean to me??? I have a Radio Shack PRO-164 scanner, do I have to get someone to reprogram iit again for me??? All help appreciated thanks!!!

If they switched to P25, the Pro-164 will NOT be able to scan the system. The 164 is analog only. You will need to purchase a new scanner. I highly recommend a refurbished PRO-106. It takes some time to get used to the object oriented programming method but the 106 is def worth it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Buddlite

Premium Subscriber
WOW really?? New scanner time?? You are a bit above my head with programming talk, i really need someone to sit down with me and go thru steps sometime. So is a PRO-106 the way to go or are there other scanners that maybe do both Analog and i guess digital (is that what P25 is digital?) Again thanks for your help guys!! The old girl appreciates it
If they switched to P25, the Pro-164 will NOT be able to scan the system. The 164 is analog only. You will need to purchase a new scanner. I highly recommend a refurbished PRO-106. It takes some time to get used to the object oriented programming method but the 106 is def worth it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

KeyWest35

Premium Subscriber
I bought a GRE PSR 800 to scan the St Louis P25 syatem and it is as EZ as it gets to program.I did a lot of research before i invested in an expensive scanner and i am happy with mine. I plan on buying another GRE product when St Louis County goes digital next year. Do research on all brands of digital scanners so you will happy with your investment.

Buddlite

Premium Subscriber
ok just went out and bought a Pro-106, can some give me the correct link to what i am supposed to use to program in the channels and talk groups on this new scanner?

So just what am i supposed to look for in the database to find the right channels, talk groups for this new P25 stuff. PS just upgrated to Premimun member to supprot this site a bit more. I appreciate all the help i get here

Last edited:

Buddlite

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is a Digital Trunking scanner, agreed Radio Shack not much help anymore thesedays, years ago they would help you with programming and all kinds of things..not so much anymore

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
ok just went out and bought a Pro-106, can some give me the correct link to what i am supposed to use to program in the channels and talk groups on this new scanner?

So just what am i supposed to look for in the database to find the right channels, talk groups for this new P25 stuff. PS just upgrated to Premimun member to supprot this site a bit more. I appreciate all the help i get here

Go to Databases > Frequency Database > select Florida > select Pinellas County > select Pinellas County Public Services (Project 25). Frequencies and talkgroups are there. Make sure to make it a P25 system not Motorola.

I monitor the PCSO/SPPD talkgroups via site 5.

n5ims

WOW really?? New scanner time?? You are a bit above my head with programming talk, i really need someone to sit down with me and go thru steps sometime. So is a PRO-106 the way to go or are there other scanners that maybe do both Analog and i guess digital (is that what P25 is digital?) Again thanks for your help guys!! The old girl appreciates it

A digital scanner should do everything an analog scanner does PLUS decode the P-25 ditigal systems. Somewhat like when folks got a new Color-TV they could still watch the old Black & White shows on their new Color TV (they were still B&W). A Pro-106 will work on all of the old analog systems like the Pro-164 and get the new digital P-25 systems as well!

webley445

This is not working for me.
I have programmed in site 5 and I'm getting zilch. Double checked all the freqs. settings are:
P25 Auto
Atten- off
Narrow FM-Yes
Audioboost- off
Dwell- 5
Dig AGC- On
Supertrack- On
Multi-Site: have tried all the multi site settings and get nothing. Showing full bars for Signal but the "T" that normally shows at the top of the screen to denote receiving trunked info does not show.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Monitored from both Pinellas Park area and downtown St Pete and same results. Had it on in the car driving on interstate between those two points and nothing came in. Wondering what I'm missing.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
This is not working for me.
I have programmed in site 5 and I'm getting zilch. Double checked all the freqs. settings are:
P25 Auto
Atten- off
Narrow FM-Yes
Audioboost- off
Dwell- 5
Dig AGC- On
Supertrack- On
Multi-Site: have tried all the multi site settings and get nothing. Showing full bars for Signal but the "T" that normally shows at the top of the screen to denote receiving trunked info does not show.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Monitored from both Pinellas Park area and downtown St Pete and same results. Had it on in the car driving on interstate between those two points and nothing came in. Wondering what I'm missing.

What scanner do you have? Here are my settings from my BCD396T.

System: MOT P25, ATT: off, Modulation: auto, P25 mode: auto, P25: level 8 (what my scanner picked), ID search. This scanner doesn't do multi-site, so I just have the Site 5 freqs. I have all the SPPD TG's and PCSO A-1 from the database listing for the P25 system.

Frequencies (Site 5)

Last edited:

webley445

PSR500.
I have all the sites programmed in separately now to see what happens. Am also listening to Tryton's feed online, nothing like it was before (nothing against Tryton of course).

webley445

Initialized the scanner and started completely from scratch. Entered in site 5 and all of the TG's plus a wildcard. Same as before. Either I am still doing something wrong or this thing is broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.