Santa Rosa County Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

Does anyone know what is going on in Santa Rosa county? Last night I heard them talking about a new MCT system. And some districts moved to other repeaters til this morning. Then I heard maintenance doing tests on all the repeaters. It may be just me but it sounds quieter. I did some research on Google and found there was a security breach of the MCT system earlier this year. http://ufdcimages.uflib.ufl.edu/UF/00/02/84/08/00786/07-07-2012.pdf

Perhaps they upgraded to a newer MCT that does not require as much radio chatter? And maybe they have upgraded to narrowband?

Anyone have any info on this?

harrisjt

Premium Subscriber
They may be reprogramming the repeaters for narrow banding. The MCT system Smartcop will not be going away anytime soon around the area. CTS SMart Cop software has updates pushed all the time they will just add security to it i would imagine, santa rosa and escambia are the test agencies for it and get it cheap. there are a lot of agencies that use it in the whole state including FHP as it will show any incident or report in any agency with smartcop. there is a way to dispatch with the MCT and no radio traffic.. bay does it some

wise871

Database Admin
You are correct and there making updates to there systems for narrow banding. The channels will be screwed up for a few until it's all complete. Also Gulf Breeze Fire is using there new channels. Been listening to them all day. I'll post updates as I get them.

thomast77

I knew something was going on. Today it seems like the audio volume has dropped. I have to turn the volume up to about 3/4's. I used to keep it about 12oclock This is with my 95xlt. Does narrowbanding cause the volume to drop? It audio sounds really clear and good though. If I had to guess I would say they have completed narrowbanding as it does sound different.

And Thanks for the update on GB Fire. I noticed those freqs in the FCC Database and wondered what they were for.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
I'll post the updates when it's official. By the way there is some great ducting tonight. Only reason why I'm up this late.

Status
Not open for further replies.