programming P25 correct (Miami Dade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am trying to get my bcd396xt programmed correct to monitor Miami Dade´s new P25 Harris system - I have set it up as a p25 system - my question - is it std. trunk where you put in all the frequencies - or only the control channels? and what about base/offset?
I hope someone here can tell me how to set this correct up
Also - I have found another control ch in N. Miami Beach area - 854.5125 also with sid 0065h01

n4yek

Deriving my comment on this system: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7073
You should only use the Control Channels and don't worry about the base/offset, the data stream from the control channel will contain that information and the 396XT will store those automatically.

On a local P25 system, the only thing I entered was the control channels and the scanner picked up and stored them. But, I have a friend who has a Radio Shack Pro 106 (aka GRE 500) and he had to manually enter his offsets. That scanner didn't automatically store them, as well as anyone else around who had that scanner.

Last edited:

i have aproblem... The signal here in N. Miami Beach area seems to be too strong - I have put on the att now - it helped a little - the sound is distored -what else can i do?

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Dade Co P25 TRS

The signal is not too stong.
The distortion is how it sounds on some channels.
Hopefully they will be adjusting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.