Escambia County Sheriff's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

The last week in Escambia County has been out of control. So first Officers shoot an unarmed man in his own front yard. Then they shoot a families dogs. And the family does not even know why the SO was there??

I have been living in this area for over 30 years. I have never seen anything like this here. Is this what happens when you Encrypt communications? Is it the Sheriff? Have we created a secret police force? What is going on in Escambia County???

Open discussion is welcome but please keep it civil. I want to know what everyone else in this area think about what is happening.

thomast77

A town hall meeting will take place at 11 a.m. Saturday (tomorrow) at Greater True Vine Baptist Church on North Pace Boulevard. All are welcome to attend. The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office have refused to attend. The focus is going to be the excessive use of force by local law enforcement, particularly the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.

JoeyC

How would an UNENCRYPTED radio system have prevented ANY of the situations you've referred to?

kma371

QRT
How would an UNENCRYPTED radio system have prevented ANY of the situations you've referred to?

Exactly. You heard all about these things anyhow even with encryption. Radios are only about 10% of actual police work. They are just used to communicate. That's it. A police officer could be corrupt without using a radio all day. An encrypted radio doesn't enable corruption.

thomast77

What I am saying is that they have gone underground. There operations are no longer in the light. We cannot hear what is going on anymore. Everything is a secret now. I don't know if these incidents have happened as a direct result of ENC. But it doesn't help. We are turning into a police state and we are letting it happen. We only hear what they tell us through the media now. It is kind of scary if you really think about it.

KF5LSC

Exactly. You heard all about these things anyhow even with encryption. Radios are only about 10% of actual police work. They are just used to communicate. That's it. A police officer could be corrupt without using a radio all day. An encrypted radio doesn't enable corruption.

What he said. I applaud you for standing up and caring about what happens within your community...but encryption doesn't make good guys become bad guys.

abbadabbado

not a dislike for enc

total enc always leads to police cover up. you wont believe what i have heard on FHP radios my neighbor is a fhp officer i listen when he is outside an has hid radio on outside speaker total unprofisional comm with total unprofession talk then unproffesion actions followers please dont tell me i cant spell i know it i was educated in florida.

abbadabbado

a secret conversation with a man who by law can carry wealth of power will almost alway lead to power trips. it is proven every day across the country that proves that your theory that enc does not lead to corruption is false just go to baynews9 .com a see what ha happened in lakeland fl all the corruption that has taken place BY THE WAY THEY ARE TOTALLY ENCRIPT THER POL COMM

JoeyC

total enc always leads to police cover up. you wont believe what i have heard on FHP radios my neighbor is a fhp officer i listen when he is outside an has hid radio on outside speaker total unprofisional comm with total unprofession talk then unproffesion actions followers please dont tell me i cant spell i know it i was educated in florida.

You cannot blame Florida for your anger about ENC and inability to spell.
I've got a grand idea that might put an end to all the encryption. Start recording all that stuff you "overhear" from your FHP neighbors radio and post it on a youtube channel. Perhaps all this juicy stuff will go viral and you'll change their communication policy. :roll:

I'm calling your bluff.

kma371

QRT
We have heard what they want us to hear. They tell the media what they want to and nothing more. At this time the Sheriff is saying no comment.

Do you REALLY think they need a radio to be corrupt or do bad things ? Those things happen radio or not so your theory is weak.

Police reports are where officers lie bottom line. A portable radio has nothing to do with it.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SPH-L710 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said at one time that the reason he chose not to fully encrypt his system is that it would promote the people's distrust of his deputies.

If you don't have anything to hide, you don't need to encrypt routine dispatch.

thomast77

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Visiting Ono Island

The last week in Escambia County has been out of control. So first Officers shoot an unarmed man in his own front yard. Then they shoot a families dogs. And the family does not even know why the SO was there??

I have been living in this area for over 30 years. I have never seen anything like this here. Is this what happens when you Encrypt communications? Is it the Sheriff? Have we created a secret police force? What is going on in Escambia County???

Open discussion is welcome but please keep it civil. I want to know what everyone else in this area think about what is happening.

When I looked at the Escambia County conventional listing, I could not believe my eyes. I know the state of Florida has its share of encrypted radios, possibly more than other southern states. I have not conducted or read a survey to determine how much is being used.

My question to those who are unfortunate enough to live in this county, "is the encryption being used on a full time basis or can you catch open communications?" I don't know about APX radios.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Here is a perfect example. You only hear what they want you to hear.
The sheriff says “We did not intentionally burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner out” But the scanner says otherwise. If their radios were ENC we may never have known the true story. Full story in the link below.

Sheriff Says Cabin Not Purposely Burned Down in Dorner Standoff…But Police Scanner Chatter Sparks Debate | TheBlaze.com

That wasnt radio traffic. That was captured on an open mic, but, again... YOU DO NOT NEED A RADIO TO DO THESE THINGS.

But there's no sense arguing with you about it you won't understand.

wise871

Database Admin
What it comes down too is a Sheriff that doesn't know how to run a department. Since he has taken over the agency has gone down hill. It has nothing to do with encrypting radios. For all those in the local area, remember when the K-9's were getting out of the vehicles? Also remember he shut down and started up the Air Unit so many times I lost count.

Here is a brief history of a poorly ran department. The list goes on.

Sheriff’s Copters Will Be Grounded : NorthEscambia.com

Escambia County Sheriff's K-9 escaped|Fox10tv.com

Dept. of Justice Investigating Civil Rights Issues at Pensacola Jail

Escambia County deputies who shot couple's dogs now under investigation - National Pet Rescue | Examiner.com

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130728/OPINION/307280006/EDITORIAL-Morgan-not-fit-run-county-jail

Deputy involved in rollover accident | Fox10tv.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.