Florida BCD436HP / BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

airems

Anyone in the Sunshine State take the plunge and make a purchase yet? I'm interested in some "local" reviews of Uniden's performance on some of the simulcasted P25 systems here. I've read most of the other Uniden forum comments both pro and con. Just curious as to the decode, reception, and scan performance vs. 996, HP-1, GRE, etc. throughout Florida. Thanks in advance!!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone try to get the correct LCN for the SLERS. I know its not able to pick nothing up on FHP or high ups. I was debating getting a 436 down the road.

KG4YNH

Bravo14, you can't get anything on SLERS. It's all Provoice and ESK. The P25 aircraft system is encrypted as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the Sunshine State take the plunge and make a purchase yet? I'm interested in some "local" reviews of Uniden's performance on some of the simulcasted P25 systems here. I've read most of the other Uniden forum comments both pro and con. Just curious as to the decode, reception, and scan performance vs. 996, HP-1, GRE, etc. throughout Florida. Thanks in advance!!

I'm located in northwest Florida near Pensacola and have both the 436 and the 536. I don't have any P25 simulcasted systems near me, only P25 phase 1 single trunked sites. I have been happy with the performance of both the 436 and the 536. The 536 seems to have better sensitivity than the 996 or the GRE PSR600 without front end overload. P25 decode and audio sounds good on both the 436 and the 536. There is a steep learning curve to operating and programming them, but once you used them for a while, it gets easier.

Check out my YouTube channel:

K4DPS - YouTube

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I monitor Pinellas County P25 and Hillsbourgh Edacs system with my BCD436HP they sound good

Pinellas County is P25 phase 1 - Orange County is Project 25 Motorola X2-TDMA & I see Orlando is phase 1, my bad!

Mike

whooey

Alachua County Motorola Type II SmartZone sounds great, a little bassy. But running side by side with GRE, the 536 clips the first half second to second of audio of new transmissions. Once there is a conversation, no audio is missed between the two radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.