County Not listed at RadioReference

Status
Not open for further replies.

diyrob

Hi, Newbie in Gilchrist County, FL. Near High Springs, Ginnie Springs, etc...Gilchrist county just purchased and set up an emergency radio tower within 1/4 mile of my house. There's also a medical helicopter pad across the road...I'd like to be able to scan these, but RadioReference has no listings for Gilchrist County. I am in the market for a beginner scanner and want to be sure I can hear these local agencies. Suggestions?
Thanks!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=336

Not sure where you were looking but I went to United States, Florida and then clicked on Gilchrist County and found these frequencies.

If you are thinking of purchasing a new scanner, I would consider purchasing something with a decent Search and Close Call function. That way if the frequencies you want aren't listed, you'll have a decent shot of finding them.

The FCC database is also another good place to start looking for frequencies. When heading to a new area, I like to do a geographic search and see what comes up. I enter all the frequencies into an unknown zone and see what I hear. You can also try searching the FCC database using the county name. That will sometimes pop up unknown frequencies. With any luck, something will pop up with a location close to the new towers location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.