Disney. DMR or iDEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

battleop

There is a Disney DMR system listed in the database. Is that system in use today or are they using the iDEN system now? I'm not from that area so I'm not able to find out much my self.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Mike Sir with all due respect they were P25 in 2002 as a friend of mine was working at Reedy Creek Dispatch and they ran fulltime encryption. My friend worked there from 1995 to 2004 last time I visited them was July 2002.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
I think everyone is correct, but that you are talking about two different systems -
Reedy Creek - Fire/EMS supporting WDW (800 mHz P25 Phase 1)
WDW Operations - 450-460 mHz MotoTurbo ConnectPlus system

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
But Walt Disney World and Reedy Creek is the same thing. In the late 1990's there were 4 800 trunking systems 1 P25 (Fire and Security) and 3 other systems for property use all maintained and run by Disney and the Radio Shop. If you look at history Disney bought all the land under the name Reedy Creek Development District which became the Disney World as you know to today.

mikey60

But Walt Disney World and Reedy Creek is the same thing. In the late 1990's there were 4 800 trunking systems 1 P25 (Fire and Security) and 3 other systems for property use all maintained and run by Disney and the Radio Shop. If you look at history Disney bought all the land under the name Reedy Creek Development District which became the Disney World as you know to today.

No, they are not the same thing.

Reedy Creek Improvement District is the governmental entity the controls the land that Walt Disney World is located on. There are actually a few full time residents of Reedy Creek to maintain this level of governmental control. RCID then provides fire and EMS support to it's residents and businesses located within it's boundaries.

Walt Disney World is a business that is located in the RCID. They are not one in the same, and that is why you won't hear any WDW operations on the RCID P25 system. Those are on the MOTOTrbo system.

Mike

exportdawg

No, they are not the same thing.

Reedy Creek Improvement District is the governmental entity the controls the land that Walt Disney World is located on. There are actually a few full time residents of Reedy Creek to maintain this level of governmental control. RCID then provides fire and EMS support to it's residents and businesses located within it's boundaries.

Walt Disney World is a business that is located in the RCID. They are not one in the same, and that is why you won't hear any WDW operations on the RCID P25 system. Those are on the MOTOTrbo system.

Mike

100% correct.

This tells who owns Reddy Creek. All 5 Board Members are DISNEY EMPLOYEE's. Is that why all Reedy Creek paychecks are from DISNEY.
Reedy Creek Improvement District - Disney Park History
My last post on this thread.
That is extremely interesting on how Disney planned, bid on land, purchased land using all types of LLCs to keep things incognito from the public. Kudos to them, :)

Sorry for off topic reply

DanRollman

Database Admin
This tells who owns Reddy Creek. All 5 Board Members are DISNEY EMPLOYEE's. Is that why all Reedy Creek paychecks are from DISNEY.
Reedy Creek Improvement District - Disney Park History
My last post on this thread.

That's just not right. Read more closely. Even the website you cited to makes clear that what you've said here is not correct.

As would be the case anywhere a governmental district encompasses an area where the property is almost entirely owned by a single property owner, Disney and its employees clearly "control" RCID by virtue of the fact that local property owners (Disney being the largest) control the outcome of local district elections for its Board of Supervisors. Nevertheless, Disney does not "own" RCID. RCID is a government taxing district, funded by property taxes and other taxes. RCID employees paychecks come from RCID, not The Walt Disney Company. And RCID's budget is funded by tax levies. Of course, Disney is the largest RCID taxpayer in the district.

The Walt Disney Company uses a MotoTRBO trunked system (which is actually operated by RadioOne) for their private, corporate operations.

Reedy Creek Improvement District uses a P25 trunked system for their local government operations.

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Again..WDW is MotoTRBO..and 100% encryption and its a Linked Capacity Plus System..it would be encrypted because of the mass people at the park..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
LOL, this is easy. Disney owns RCD by virtue of its being the TAX behind the gov. Yeah yeah, come on we know how this really works. Disney is the profit here. What it wants, it gets, end of story. But RCD is still officially an Government Entity, and therefore technically its own legally separate creature no matter who really is the power behind the scenes. WDW is an Corporate Entity and in another legal category itself, though as big and powerful as Walt's monster is, those lines are rather shady. So yes, officially they are and shall remain separate, and hence the radios systems are totally different animals. One has Bat Wings, one has Mouse Ears OKAY!? Heck, be glad you can hear the Bat Wings in Florida, the home of paranoia and encryption for government agencies. And as to the WDW system being fully encrypted, the Disney monster does not want any of its corporate secrets of operation being overheard by any competitor. Its an common enough way of operation for many organizations. Go listen to the A-B Brewing folks,.. Won't hear much since they rarely have anything not E. Though it is interesting that most "Theme Parks" are a tad more open in how they operate lol. Anyway, on with the show.

RF-Burns

Is that why all Reedy Creek paychecks are from DISNEY.

That's got to the funniest thing I've seen in a while! I worked for Reedy Creek for years in the Reedy Creek Emergency Communications/Operations Center and not one paycheck I ever received said Disney.

I love when people talk BS, it makes me laugh.

RF-Burns

Mike Sir with all due respect they were P25 in 2002 as a friend of mine was working at Reedy Creek Dispatch and they ran fulltime encryption.

Again not true. In 2002 we were using a Motorola 3600 Buad Legacy Smartnet System with low level software defined encryption on working channels only. All the radios in the fleet were XTS3000s and Motorola Spectras. Dispatch was analog, working channels were digital and all dispatches went over UHF 453 something I can't remember now but in Analog. Reedy Creek didn't move to 9600 Buad Phase 1 until 2007 and encryption was put on the dispatch channel as well and we dropped the UHF Analog Frequncey

Last edited by a moderator:

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Heres an angle...someone go to the park with a 536 or 436 with DMR and scan the system see of it is really encrypted.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.