Broward/Palm Beach Co Phase II...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Anyone have an updated timeline for both Broward and Palm Beach County anticipated switch to Phase II ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Contracted completion/acceptance date that is published for Palm Beach County is mid-2017. That is all that I can say.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
As far as Broward County going to Phase-2, I believe the projected date is also set for mid-2017. However, some agencies in Broward have already made the switch. Plantation and Fort Lauderdale are currently broadcasting a Phase-2 system, however only Plantation has had any radio activity so far, Fort Lauderdale hasn't begun to use it yet but the Control Channels are up-and-running... Not sure when the County will follow suit but the Alpha-Paging system is being upgraded as we speak and they have begun the process of issuing Radio ID's to the different agencies & getting that aspect in order.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Care to share the control channels and system ID for them ? Nothing in the database yet. I'll put them up in Unitrunker and start mapping the system.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
I don't know them off-hand, but my friend is actually already running them both on UniTrunker right now to map it out, that's how I knew Plantation is using theirs now and Ft Laud isn't yet. I'll ask him if he can send me over the CC freqs and System ID's.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Have them up and running in Unitrunker. Both are broadcasting system ID 544, which is the same as Coral Springs P25 system....hmmmm, interesting. Coral Springs broadcasts as Site 001-007. Guess what Fort Lauderdale is broadcasting as...Site 001-008. Control is 853.7875 and alternate controls are 853.5375, 853.5625 and 853.9125. Next, I looked at Plantation and they are broadcasting as Site 001-009. Control is 857.5125 and alternates controls are 857.1375, 858.2625 and 859.2625.

Gmork

Unitrunker is doing the same for me on the Fort Lauderdale system. It is broadcasting the same system ID as Coral Springs but doesn't appear to have any activity as the users haven't switched over yet.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Fort Lauderdale just went live today on their new system and I've confirmed its Phase-1, NOT a Phase-2, at least for right now it's 1... However what I'm even more curious about is a new radio system that showed up today under Palm Beach & Broward Counties... It's labeled: Lake County/Regional Domestic Security Task Force (RDSTF) Interoperability... And it seems to be a 700-MHz Phase-1 P25 system that started in Lale County but appears to have a Site for PBC and a Site for Broward... What REALLY worries me is if you look at this system every channel for Fire, EMS, and Law is encrypted!!! Does anybody know why exactly this system is coming into PB and Broward and what agencies will use it?? I know PBC agencies can't be using it cuz I distinctly remember Mark (KS4VT) saying he was going to continue to be the System Admin for the new system, and I know Broward is doing their own new system, so it begs the question, what agencies are going to use it and why do they have trunking Sites in our area...??? Any input would be great, thanks!

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
It is not a new submittal (it has been posted for a while) and is another tool in our communications tool box....I'm going to leave it at that.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
It is not a new submittal (it has been posted for a while) and is another tool in our communications tool box....I'm going to leave it at that.

Okey Dokey, I appreciate the quick reply!

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Do you know which control channel Fort Lauderdale is using on their new system?

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
No, I don't know it yet, but I have a friend that is running UniTrunker on the system to get TalkGroup ID's, since the Ft Laud P25 system hasn't been listed on the RadioReference DB yet. I'll pass it on once I find out about it.

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
it also shows up for lake and orange county as well. not sure what is going on I think someone goofed up some where

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have Broward up and running. Talkgroup 5265 is FIRE and 5297, 5298 and 5299 appear to be PD. I don't know which is which as far as east or west, etc. only listened for a few while passing through on 95.

I think the submission to the database should be for a combined Broward P25 system. Coral Springs, Plantation and now Fort Lauderdale are all transmitting the same System ID, just different sites. The RIDS and talkgroups appear to be lining up as one large system so I'm guessing once the county gets up and running this is where they are coming.

jafarm66

Ft Lauderdale TRS

Fort Lauderdale is currently active in P25 Phase 1. I have not heard anything on their Analog system for a couple of days now. On the P25 - I have heard PD Dispatch and also Fire and Ocean Rescue.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Fort Lauderdale is currently active in P25 Phase 1. I have not heard anything on their Analog system for a couple of days now. On the P25 - I have heard PD Dispatch and also Fire and Ocean Rescue.

You won't hear the Ft Laud Analog system anymore, once they went live with the Phase-1 P25 they depreciated the system. Does anyone have all the frequencies to the Ft Laud system? It's not on the Database yet and I would like to program it in my scanner...

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I posted the control channel frequencies and the active talkgroups for fire and PD above. I'm sure there a lot a lot more talkgroups but I only grabbed a few while driving through.

Status
Not open for further replies.