FLA Amateur P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Is the info on repeaterbook trustworthy?
Looking to program my BCD536 with active frequencies to gauge activity, particularly, on the SE portion of the state (Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade).

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Is the info on repeaterbook trustworthy?
Looking to program my BCD536 with active frequencies to gauge activity, particularly, on the SE portion of the state (Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade).

Yes and no.

There's only a dozen or so in that area. Just program them in and you'll determine which ones are active or not.

The Florida Repeater Council is a good source (lists coordinated repeaters only). Repeater Listings from the FRC Database

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The ones listed in Palm Beach County are still available. But with the tremendous fall off of local amateur activity there aren't a lot of users, both in analog and P25, that are on those repeaters.

Of the local VHF P25 capable repeaters the Motorola 146.79 in Broward is probably the most active.

N4KVE

Guess you changed your call from KS4VT. A few years ago, I was listening to some local Palm Beach P25 repeaters, & heard nothing. But it seems as the DMR repeaters get polluted with CB'rs and their Chinese Dollar Store radios, many of the legacy DMR users are moving to UHF, & 900 P25. Eric, John, & Dean all have working P25 repeaters to cover Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach. I believe you have a VHF P25 repeater on Gun Club Rd.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
A friend made me aware of internal turmoil among the Florida Repeater Council board and repeater operators. You might expect some inaccuracies in their listings as a result.

CanesFan95

Yeah, the repeater council listings aren't bad, but not 100% accurate. I have also heard they have some turmoil / political type BS problems going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.