Americare system in Tampa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

I've checked the FCC database for Americare here in the Tampa area and come up with zip. I know they once supposedly used 452.1 (I never knew what tone) and I never actually heard them there. I imagine they've gotten hooked up on a DMR system by now though. Does anyone have have any info as to what they're doing for comm's these days? T.I.A. TT.

CanesFan95

I thought 452.1000 was AMR. Is that a different company that Americare? I've always been wondering where Americare's been hiding at.

CanesFan95

I've been running LTR Analyzer on that system, and most of those frequencies are either dead or are part of a different DMR system. I will submit an update to the database.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I was a user on that system for about a year ago. I seem to recall at least four repeaters active.

Americare might have very well migrated to their DMR system. All it would take is for someone to listen and identify by cross-referencing addresses when dispatched by Hillsborough FD on EDACS.

CanesFan95

LTR Analyzer is showing there's only 6 available repeaters on this system. I have figured out the LCNs and submitted an update to the RR database.

LCN 3 451.7250
LCN 4 451.4250
LCN 10 451.9250
LCN 13 452.2750
LCN 16 451.8500
LCN 17 451.6000.

I'm actually going through and looking at all these LTR systems in the Tampa Bay area and finding lots and lots of wrong stuff. I am using LTR Analyzer and submitting a lot of corrections. It's time to clean up the mess of old outdated and wrong LTR data in the area and get the LCN's and systems sorted out and corrected for once. There's an awful lot of wrong junk in the database right now.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I'm also not sure of where Americare operates. All I know is that Transcare operates on the DMR system as TG 176, but I haven't heard anything else.

Also thank you Homeboys for your work on getting the database up to date as well.

CanesFan95

But there is something worth mentioning here about business radio systems in the Tampa area. Why are they always so dead? And I mean DEAD dead. Like, where the hell IS everybody?? Don't major city areas normally have big busy business radio systems with lots of activity? We don't even have that here at all. Instead, our systems sit almost idle with more voice paths than there are talk groups on the system. That's stupid! And how do these radio companies even make any money, much less break even? Whatever happened to all the plumbers, cement companies, security guards, cabs, tow trucks, warehouses, manufacturing, and stuff that use 2-way radios?

CanesFan95

Both the Hillsborough and Pinellas sites are only 2 frequencies each. And one of them is the control channel. LOL. I've monitored em both with DSD+ and they're DEAD.

What is even the purpose of a trunking system with only available voice frequency? LOL.

CanesFan95

The Pinellas site does have one talk group 258 that is active. The RR database shows it as "American Ambulance (Orlando) Dispatch" and it definitely sounds like an ambulance company. So they've evidently setup a 2-frequency site in Pinellas just to accommodate that 1 talk group.

ngel

NXDN

I have monitored the NXDN system with my TRX-1. It comes in great here in pasco with 5 bars, the Pinellas site which is two frequencies. There is a lot of traffic on it during the day, however most of the traffic seems to be for Orlando , like american ambulance. There is also voice traffic on the control channel. I can't figure out how to get the system to work as trunking so that i can hear traffic on both channels. I only have the one 1 voice frequency entered as conventional i think it is 452.8000 mhz. So sometimes it is hard to follow conversation , but there is some interesting traffic on there from time to time.

tampatracker

I have monitored the NXDN system with my TRX-1. It comes in great here in pasco with 5 bars, the Pinellas site which is two frequencies. There is a lot of traffic on it during the day, however most of the traffic seems to be for Orlando , like american ambulance. There is also voice traffic on the control channel. I can't figure out how to get the system to work as trunking so that i can hear traffic on both channels. I only have the one 1 voice frequency entered as conventional i think it is 452.8000 mhz. So sometimes it is hard to follow conversation , but there is some interesting traffic on there from time to time.

That's very interesting ngel. Please keep advising on how it's going and if you can get the scanner to receive this system as trunking, as I was thinking about shelling out for a TRX myself for the NXDN capability. T.T.

ngel

That's very interesting ngel. Please keep advising on how it's going and if you can get the scanner to receive this system as trunking, as I was thinking about shelling out for a TRX myself for the NXDN capability. T.T.

Will do! Surprisingly the database is pretty accurate with the talk groups that are coming up. When I tried listening to this system before with DSD I was not getting nearly the amount of traffic I do now on the TRX-1. and the sound quality is much better with TRX-1 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.