Sarasota County Fire Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Can anyone explain how the Sarasota County Fire feed works? It lists that it scans both dispatch channels and all Tac channels.

I only hear Sarasota, Venice, Nokomis, and Longboat Key dispatched for calls.

I don't hear NorthPort, Englewood(Sarasota County) and unincorporated Venice dispatched. However, I hear them sign on and off the air, and hear routine messages.

Are they on a different frequency than what the scanner provides. Once in awhile I'll hear NorthPort dispatched for an MVA on the highway, but not often.

Any help?

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroups are in the scanner, but the scanner is located around Fruitville Rd and Beneva and the scanner is just using an 800MHz radio shack rubber duck antenna. I am not sure why you are not hearing them, but I will look into it.

Doug

SCPD

QRT
As of 2100, I seem to be hearing everything! Including Venice! All dispatches, all respondings, all arrivals, all transportings and all off the airs.

Did you happen to find anything that needed adjusting?

I don't think I can accept messages, but if you can respond on my forum that I began.

CrewRest

Database Admin
It's not unusual for SRQ FD Dispatch to only use certain sites for dispatch. North County Station on D1, mid county on D2 etc. If a S unit moves into a N dispatch area that transmitter site will then start sending the dispatches (D3 will become active on the N sitefor example). At night maybe one dispatcher is dispatching several areas (D1 & D2 for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.