Pinellas County P25 site 5 not decoding!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

So I woke up this morning and the scanner was silent at the peak of rush hour. Occasionally a talkgroup would work. I was listening to site 5 on the 536. I went into analyze mode and noticed a strong signal but no quality or activity. Dat would show periodically.
Tried the same thing on hp1 and 436 same result.

Changed to site 2 and all is well except fire talkgroups are not showing up and it has always been this way.

So can someone else verify this problem on site 5?

Antenna I used was both inside 800mhz RS and 12 element yagi pointed at site 5 same result on both antennas.

Tim

troymail

Silent Key
Looks like Site 5 is a large simulcast and the 2 is possibly a standalone site (non-simulcast). If so, it's not uncommon for the large(r) simulcast system/sites to "drift" over time such that one day they can be received well and the next they can't. I see this alot and end up having to adjust (move the radio and/or antenna to a different location) to try and start receiving again....

Can't say this is what is happening or 100% correct for your situation - just going by available information and my past experience.

mitbr

Looks like Site 5 is a large simulcast and the 2 is possibly a standalone site (non-simulcast). If so, it's not uncommon for the large(r) simulcast system/sites to "drift" over time such that one day they can be received well and the next they can't. I see this alot and end up having to adjust (move the radio and/or antenna to a different location) to try and start receiving again....

Can't say this is what is happening or 100% correct for your situation - just going by available information and my past experience.

Very interesting. I did not know that! It is strange that a 12 element yagi pointed at the site with a solid signal wont decode it.

I have been listening to this system for years and only recently has this problem developed.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.