Kennedy Space Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
Up until about 2 weeks ago (right before the hurricane came through Florida) I have been able to listen to the KSC 400mhz system. Since then I have not heard any audio from any of the talk groups on the 2 scanners I have. I am not sure if the system took a hit from the storm or something changed.

TH23

KSC System

KSC rolled out a revamped P 25 system. Details are unknown as of yet.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I just heard it is a P-25 Phase II system, so depending on what scanner you are using, you may not hear them anymore.

- Chris

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Which particular KSC trunked system is this related to? I know the Visitor Center has gone to a flavor of DMR. Is this thread in reference to the operational system KSC uses for ops/security?

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
I connected my scanner to my laptop and ran pro96com and it picked up the system as a P25. I will post what it shows when I get a chance

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
KSC

yes KSC is officially Phase 2 and not running no encryption at this time the info that is on RR that is new that is correct.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
61c65218f2c38dbe2c0a2253981f6e62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanesFan95

I'd be tempted to fire up Trunker (whatever version) and try to get data on the system but I can't find my slicer. Maybe I'll buy another one?

I believe the old Trunker software didn't do P25. And there was a later Windows version of it that didn't need a data slicer, if I remember correctly. But it only works on XP, not Windows 7.

For P25, Unitrunker or DSD+ Fast Lane is what I use.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
i am running Unitrunker tonight on this (new) system. Couple of things...

#1 - i am not seeing all the channels for Site 001 that are on the main info page. (?)

#2 - the signal seems weak from my location in the middle of the county.... i don't know if the AirSpy SDR is just being flakey about it ..... or perhaps this is a low power system or is just in testing ... or (?) but reception here is about S4-5... I'll try an older RTL-SDR tomorrow and see how that works.

i guess I need a phase 2 scanner.... :\

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Which particular KSC trunked system is this related to? I know the Visitor Center has gone to a flavor of DMR. Is this thread in reference to the operational system KSC uses for ops/security?

Yes it is what is in RadioReference under brevard is correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
this is what I am currently seeing.

i ditched the AirSpy and am using a standard RTL-SDR as the CC decoder....

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 807

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
That looks a lot better as far as signal..guessing the airspy doesn’t have much RX sensitivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waltmapb

Feed Provider
Using the TRX-1 I am not decoding any audio. I see the RR database for the P25 Phase 2 system shows the exact frequencies as the old Motorola Type 2 system. This is not at all what was posted on the Fed Files Blog:
"The new system reportedly has three separate trunked sites and is not simulcast, but using different frequencies at each site."

I do hear 2 control channels at 406.2375 and 407.8375 but am not decoding any audio.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Using the TRX-1 I am not decoding any audio. I see the RR database for the P25 Phase 2 system shows the exact frequencies as the old Motorola Type 2 system. This is not at all what was posted on the Fed Files Blog:
"The new system reportedly has three separate trunked sites and is not simulcast, but using different frequencies at each site."

I do hear 2 control channels at 406.2375 and 407.8375 but am not decoding any audio.

Yes, they are reusing the same frequencies, but instead of a multi-site simulcast system, they are using different frequencies at each site.

Make sure the system type is set to be P-25 and not Motorola, as it would have been previously.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.