Volusia County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnpalfrey

Hoping someone can help. Scanning Volusia County primarily Daytona and Ormond Beach PD. Also have VCSO, beach patrol, fire and EVAC programmed but turned off. Have my Uniden scanner programmed through free scan software tailored to what I want. I continue to get all the public works chatter even though it is not programmed. Annoying. The TGID tags on the scanner are not even programmed in the software or in my scanner yet I still get their chatter. The only way to block it is to lock out each station when they talk. Can anyone tell me how to permanently get ride of this? Thanks.

edweirdFL

It sounds like you are searching the trunked system for active talkgroups, instead of scanning only the talkgroups you have programmed.

You might try posting in a the sub forum corresponding to the particular make and model of scanner that you are using since it seems more about how it's programmed or how you are operating it, rather than the specific to Volusia county system.

Johnpalfrey

It sounds like you are searching the trunked system for active talkgroups, instead of scanning only the talkgroups you have programmed.

You might try posting in a the sub forum corresponding to the particular make and model of scanner that you are using since it seems more about how it's programmed or how you are operating it, rather than the specific to Volusia county system.

Ok thanks

shadcall

Hoping someone can help. Scanning Volusia County primarily Daytona and Ormond Beach PD. Also have VCSO, beach patrol, fire and EVAC programmed but turned off. Have my Uniden scanner programmed through free scan software tailored to what I want. I continue to get all the public works chatter even though it is not programmed. Annoying. The TGID tags on the scanner are not even programmed in the software or in my scanner yet I still get their chatter. The only way to block it is to lock out each station when they talk. Can anyone tell me how to permanently get ride of this? Thanks.

What model Uniden scanner are you using? I use a BCD436HP in Ormond which allows me to turn on and off the service types. Your scanner may also have this feature and if it does you can leave on the law enforcement, EMS services and shut off public works or others you do not wish to monitor.

Johnpalfrey

Have a Uniden BCD 325. Don't know of such a feature. Thing is sometimes I don't hear the public service channels at all. When they are on they don't show up as being broadcast on one one of the groups that I have turned on. Puzzling.

shadcall

Have a Uniden BCD 325. Don't know of such a feature. Thing is sometimes I don't hear the public service channels at all. When they are on they don't show up as being broadcast on one one of the groups that I have turned on. Puzzling.

That particular model does not allow you to select service types. I used Butel's ARC XT to program my BCD325. It allows me to check a box to allow for ID search and ID scan. In ID search it will stop on anything that is received in that system. ID scan will only stop on talkgroups you have selected. I don't know if Freescan has this feature or not since I am not familiar with it. You may want to try a free trail of ARC XT (just go to Butel.com). Since you are a premium subscriber you can download directly from the RR database into ARC XT. You may also wish to consider upgrading to the Provoice option as there are a few sheriff department talkgroups that use this mode. I think the cost is $60 for the upgrade.

alanlungs2

The radio shop will be working on updating the software for the P25 system in the Debary area on November 7&8. So all using in the Debary area are switch to System A for those dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.