Moffitt Got A New Capacity Plus System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

These 4 frequencies are capacity plus and come back to WQNE514 H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa just got licensed last August.

But the system is dead and no one ever keys up and talks. The only thing you can hear is the rest channel burping. And the rest channel hardly ever changes, so it's hard to get any information and map out the LCNs. I thought Moffitt used to be on conventional DMR. Or are they still?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
It's like my area the hospital has a trunk system I heard some tests than never heard anything or even the rest channel is gone. Try dsdplus and program the freq in see what lcn they are.

CanesFan95

Already using DSD+ Fast Lane but it doesn't tell you the LCNs till someone keys up and talks.

airems

It's probably like most hospitals. They spend lots of money to put the system in but the staff doesn't like to carry the radios so the system sits in silence.

CanesFan95

Well, there's a new Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cap+ system that just got submitted, and the 461.3000 frequency I listed above is part of the new system. So I was wrong about Moffitt. Dammit. Man, it's so dang hard to figure these things out. Whoever submitted this one was definitely all on the inside.

Wish I could change the thread title. The system is DEAD. No activity. We might have to wait until next football season.

But it doesn't have any talk groups or color codes posted. There's also some new simplex frequencies listed, but no info on the PL tones (or color codes?). Anyone know if this system is RAS?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I would expect the new system to have RAS. The shop who maintains the Bucs radio system also maintains several other large radio networks. ALL of those other radio networks are protected by RAS (major school bus system, a major hospital chain, a large phosphate producer, etc). I would not hold it against the shop, we have a serious radio pirate problem here in the Tampa area. TT

wtp

i was just there Wednesday.

at least it was the outpatient on McKinley
i had
i did hear some action on 462.225 that was parking related and analog.
someone was asking about a valet.
it was not at the building i was at, as they had no radios on them or at the podium. (keyosk) haha
the other frequencies had no action.
maintenance had radios and i heard nothing from their radios.
the only thing i caught on close call was 457.575 and i thought it was for the "coaster" pagers for the patients.

CanesFan95

The Buccaneers system has 2 callsigns. WPMM816 which comes back to TBA COMMUNICATIONS but was cancelled for some reason. Then there's WQYP397 which shows BCI Communications and is still active. Interesting how the date one was cancelled is the same date the other one became effective. I've always wondered if these 2 companies, TBA & BCI, are the same company, or if they share frequencies or what, because of all the confusing FCC licenses you see online.

So how come the Allcom wireless system that Transcare uses wasn't RAS'd? From a radio company's point of view, you think they would have wanted to do that. And I thought Mosaic also wasn't RAS?

This "pirate" thing reminds me of all the N9EE '64 jammers that got that repeater taken down years ago. But I monitor a lot of DMR stuff with DSD+ and can't remember ever hearing any weird rogue transmissions.

CanesFan95

462.2250 DCS 445 analog is a conventional frequency used by the Moffitt valet parking staff at the USF campus. But 462.2250 is also one of the 2 International Mall Cap+ frequencies. So they double up and interfere. This is a problem in the area with lots of frequencies that double and triple and interfere with each other. It makes you wonder how these radio companies coordinate (or not?) and figure out who's doing what and where.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
TBA and BCI are 2 completely different companies. Each of them is good in their specific niche. I am unsure why one license is granted on same day another one is cancelled. I know of shops that have licensed radio systems for their customer's in the shop's name. I am not sure if this was malicious ("you can't leave us, you would be unlicensed!") or just ignorance (2 way radio often does not pay well in this area). Additionally, due to the limited nature of RF frequencies, many freqs are going to get licensed right near each other. Often, shops will negotiate with each other when they share freqs to agree to stay off certain frequencies. Shops getting licensed on many frequencies is often an attempt to keep competitors at bay (also, additional frequencies gives you options in case one of your other frequences starts getting interference due to band congestion). I could go on and on....... TT

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Radio One is the primary provider for radios and systems in the central area of Florida they are all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Allcomm/Telecom Network is RAS enabled...... I have a talkgroup on the system. I worked with them in previous job role moving a security company to their LTR system. Now that they are TRBO, it is nice to see that they have LCP coverage from St Pete to the East coast along the I-4 corridor. Similarly, TBA has a wide area LCP system that covers a large area and is RAS (they built it after my relationship with them and I am unsure of all the total sites). All the Mosaic systems built before a certain date did not have RAS. After Hills School buses went RAS, then every trunking system installed by that vendor seems to have had RAS. Now that I think about it, I recall when Baycare LCP went in and there was a sudden vendor change. I am fortunate now that I work for a manufacturer and travel around the world troubleshooting and commissioning large systems. I do not miss the local radio drama..... TT

CanesFan95

DSD+ shows the Allcom system that Transcare uses is not RAS. But what I don't understand is, how do these radio companies make any money when these systems like Allcom are so dead? Transcare is the only real user, and there's just a couple others but they have so little activity. 717 Parking is also on there but they hardly ever talk. When they do, they just key up and say "Union Station" real loud or "Times Building". But no one ever talks back or called them on the air in the first place. Why do they repeatedly key up and say "Union Station" or "Times Building" once every 10 minutes or so when no one was even talking to them and there's never any actual conversation? Sometimes on Friday or Saturday nights, you'll actually hear a normal conversation.

CanesFan95

Well, there's a new Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cap+ system that just got submitted, and the 461.3000 frequency I listed above is part of the new system. So I was wrong about Moffitt. Dammit. Man, it's so dang hard to figure these things out. Whoever submitted this one was definitely all on the inside.

Wish I could change the thread title. The system is DEAD. No activity. We might have to wait until next football season.

But it doesn't have any talk groups or color codes posted. There's also some new simplex frequencies listed, but no info on the PL tones (or color codes?). Anyone know if this system is RAS?

Well, here's an update. Watched a Bucs game today and scanning at the same time (a close upset for Tampa Bay and now we're a surprising 2-0). Figured out that the 3 frequencies listed as a Cap+ system are actually conventional DMR and not trunked with the following:

461.3000 CC 12: TGID 5900002 slot 1, TGID 5900005 slot 2
463.2750 CC 12: TGID 5900001 slot 1, TGID 5900003 slot 2
464.1625 CC 12: TGID 5900004 slot 1, TGID unknown slot 2.

The frequency of 461.3000 also has a much weaker Cap+ rest channel signal on it, CC 4. This appears to be a different system for something else that just happens to have the same frequency (a coincidence), but it's not the Buccaneers. The comm's I heard were all for stuff going on at the game (TV timeouts, lost & found, cameras, fans fighting in the stands, etc.) and the signal strength was stronger with everything showing conventional on DSD+.

So it looks like 461.3000 is doubled up by coincidence and therefore someone thought the Bucs were Cap+. That system will need to be deleted from the database and an update done to add the three frequencies as conventional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.