Radio in Flagler County

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Greetings from New York,

In the next few weeks my family is buying a house in Palm Cost, and of corse i am going to bring my Scanner there and possibly buy one for the house to keep there.

I am Interested in listening to Fire, EMS and PD. From my understanding it looks like it is all together on the Flagler County EDACS System. I Don't really have a understanding of how it works and all, So if anyone wants to jump in and help me get a better understanding of the system and Flagler County's communications, that would be greatly appreciated.

If i were to buy a scanner to keep in my house (Base Radio), I am looking to buy a Uniden Scanner, any recommendations? I was looking at the BCT15X to buy and keep there. And if anyone has any recommendations on other interesting radio communications i should monitor while I am there that would be nice.

Thanks again and just looking to get some insight before I visit....Looking forward to buying a house in my favorite state.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
The BCT15X won't fly for law enforcement. You'll have to have something that can do provoice.

The whole region is migrating to P25 so I would probably break down and get p25p2 compatibility.

I_am_Alpha1

Get a whistler or uniden newer model that does P25 phase 2 so you won't be replacing it that soon. Depending on where in the county you are, you may get some good stuff from adjacent counties. Also, Florida outlaws mobile use of a scanner unless you have an amateur radio license.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
PD is Provoice. Fire Rescue is straight EDACS.

To the North:
I can pick up St. John’s County from Flagler as well. Fire Rescue is P25 FDMA, PD is ENC.

To the South:
Volusia County is still EDACS as well, but as mentioned they are building out a P25 system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadcall

I can confirm that Flagler Sheriff is on ProVoice and is very active. You need to get a BCD436 (mobile) or BCD536 base and then purchase the ProVoice upgrade. You can also get a BCD325P2 and get the ProVoice upgrade. All of the above mentioned models can also do DMR with an upgrade. However if you want to listen to NXDN only the 436 and 536 can be upgraded for that.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that Flagler Sheriff is on ProVoice and is very active. You need to get a BCD436 (mobile) or BCD536 base and then purchase the ProVoice upgrade. You can also get a BCD325P2 and get the ProVoice upgrade. All of the above mentioned models can also do DMR with an upgrade. However if you want to listen to NXDN only the 436 and 536 can be upgraded for that.

I noticed he has a BCD325P2 listed on his list. Not sure if he got the ProVoice upgrade.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Thanks for all the responses!
I will be upgrading all my radio equipment soon in general, so I think i might get a BCD996P2 to keep at the house in Palm Cost.

I do have a BCD325P2 witch i am planing to bring with me.

I noticed he has a BCD325P2 listed on his list. Not sure if he got the ProVoice upgrade.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the responses!
I will be upgrading all my radio equipment soon in general, so I think i might get a BCD996P2 to keep at the house in Palm Cost.

I do have a BCD325P2 witch i am planing to bring with me.

Make sure do some ID Scan Search case if any new ID shows up.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
How much is the provoice upgrade? Where can i find the upgrade? Once I purchase one pro voice upgrade can i use it on as many scanners as I want?

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
How much is the provoice upgrade? Where can i find the upgrade? Once I purchase one pro voice upgrade can i use it on as many scanners as I want?

First you'll need to make a login here > myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area
Than create new scanner name and so on

When all set you should see a upgrade key. The price may be around 60 dollars. It only works on 1 scanner and can not transfer to others.

Also you'll need to download the newest software for programing

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD325P2FirmwareUpdate

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I have one question on the Flagler County system, I see in the Fire Rescue Talkgroups, I see that there are a lot of TAC channels.
Are the TAC county wide so everyone can use any channel or is a certain channel on a certain TAC channel, like split up between districts.

Last edited:

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
In Flagler Tacs are assigned to each fire call at time of dispatch, or upon arrival at the call, thus the quantity of Tacs.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Cool... earliest ill be there is this summer.

I also had another question, is there a wiki page set up to help locate the Radio IDs of the Flagler county system?

Status
Not open for further replies.