Using HomePatrol-2 in Pinellas Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtegan

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

I've just started using an HP2 to listen to police in my area (Dunedin/Clearwater) but I'll be damned if I can't get much activity at all. I've updated the database and the firmware was already up to date - but all I get is silence with occasional morse code from a repeater.

Should I be able to pick this activity up or do I need to do any sort of manual programming in order to make it work?

Thanks!

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Have you specified which radio systems (Clearwater, Pinellas, etc) and service types (law dispatch, fire dispatch, marine, etc.) that you want to monitor??

Also - according to the database, Clearwater PD is using a P25 phase 2 system and some of their channels might be encrypted (?). If I remember correctly, PCSO is responsible for police service for Dunedin and they are dispatched on the Pinellas P25 system.

NYRHKY94

As Chief21 correctly stated above, first thing to check is "service types". He's also correct about making sure to download the right system for Clearwater and Pinellas County. While there are some Encrypted channels on both systems, the vast majority appear to be in the open for now. You are quite lucky with that based on the significant amount of Encryption elsewhere in FLA ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.