Pasco to fully encrypt public safety radios on new P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I have confirmed with Pasco County that their new P25 system is scheduled to be online in late October. They have also “decided to fully encrypt all public safety radios on the new system.”

If this is an issue you care about, especially if you are a Pasco resident, you should contact the BOCC and the individual departments with your thoughts.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
All public safety as in fire as well?

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
From my understanding, yes. All public safety was the verbiage used. I contacted the county CIO who oversees the system and he “cited” safety concerns for first responders.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
I have confirmed with Pasco County that their new P25 system is scheduled to be online in late October. They have also “decided to fully encrypt all public safety radios on the new system.”

If this is an issue you care about, especially if you are a Pasco resident, you should contact the BOCC and the individual departments with your thoughts.
This very bad news! I'm hoping they reconsider and just ENC tac channels only. FD and EMS is totally ridiculous to ENC! Time to contact Politicians and the newspaper. I don't see how this helps the Volunteers who buy scanners. Being a retired FD person I've enjoyed the hobby for over 40 years.

allend

Premium Subscriber
This very bad news! I'm hoping they reconsider and just ENC tac channels only. FD and EMS is totally ridiculous to ENC! Time to contact Politicians and the newspaper. I don't see how this helps the Volunteers who buy scanners. Being a retired FD person I've enjoyed the hobby for over 40 years.

They will not reconsider anything. The vote is in and that's the end of the story. Good Luck fighting anything. Don't waste your time because the answer is going to be NO. People need to start re-gearing their brain to start enjoying new hobbies because this is the past future and the future from hear on out. Don't be fooled that anything is going to be changed. Plus Florida is a very huge encryption state now and moving forward.

Last edited:

Theo

Premium Subscriber
They will not reconsider anything. The vote is in and that's the end of the story. Good Luck fighting anything. Don't waste your time because the answer is going to be NO. People need to start re-gearing their brain to start enjoying new hobbies because this is the past future and the future from hear on out. Don't be fooled that anything is going to be changed. Plus Florida is a very huge encryption state now and moving forward.
I'm new to Pasco Co. so I don't know who you are since you don't identify where your from so I don't believe a word you say! I have seen many area's that have bowed to pressure from the Press and Politicians and tax payers. ENC of daily PD and FD and EMS is not necessary! Yes, TAC, SWAT, etc. makes good sense to ENC. Never say Never!

allend

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to Pasco Co. so I don't know who you are since you don't identify where your from so I don't believe a word you say! I have seen many area's that have bowed to pressure from the Press and Politicians and tax payers. ENC of daily PD and FD and EMS is not necessary! Yes, TAC, SWAT, etc. makes good sense to ENC. Never say Never!

Good Luck. Let us know how it goes when you fight the fight. You are wasting your time. They have all the time in the world with resources and money. You don't. The buzz word for agencies to lock down things is called

"Safety for First Responders"

Now if you have been following on the wave of how Florida with regards to public safety with LE all smaller and bigger cities and counties are moving to Encryption. Once the switch is flipped then that's it. There is no moving back.

Now do I agree with it. NO. But this is our new world and with shooters and assaults with high powered riffles and handguns in Florida its a HOT bed and that's the way it is. My county has been fully encrypted for the past 20 years so we are use to it now. You will get use to it soon.

trooper890

Pasco

Really shouldn't be a shock to anyone here. They are following the trend that more will be right behind them when the technology is ready. The clear counties are closing up shop, all around.

We can all thank the "police scanner" facebook pages posting play by play's etc, for this. LTE based public safety comms are nipping at our heels. It's going to go away eventually, be it secure P25 or what comes after it.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The big thing is vote, get the topic into the discussion, if a candidate for sheriff supports encryption don’t vote for him, but don’t use conspiracy theories, me it known that candidates who support transparency will get votes, this is being brought up in Orange County now that that Idiot Demmings is leaving

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

allend

Premium Subscriber
The biggest thing was that technology changed so fast and rapid and the cost of chips and encryption technology got really really cheap. This was the game changer. Plus federal law has been put into place to where scanner technology can't keep up anymore with the changes of time.

So Scanner companies keep adding the flavor of DMR and NXDN which will fade due lack of demand since who really wants to listen to private business anyways.

Also, lets keep in mind that every time a big incident happens streaming audio I can say is the biggest reason why counties and cities have had enough of the internet based streaming services.

The biggest example hear was Las Vegas Metro Police. Fully P25 for a few years in the clear. Mass shooting and streaming audio all over the news and the world and then two months later FULL End to End Encryption. They closed their gaps and that's the end of LVMPD. Keep in mind they moved over from Harris to Motorola P25 Phase II and left everything pretty much opened and then BOOM

allend

Premium Subscriber
The big thing is vote, get the topic into the discussion, if a candidate for sheriff supports encryption don’t vote for him, but don’t use conspiracy theories, me it known that candidates who support transparency will get votes, this is being brought up in Orange County now that that Idiot Demmings is leaving

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

As you know Orange County and all of the other Orange Counties around the USA are locked down. Even if other sheriffs leave and the other idiots leave the backbone of the radio services are already locked down in place. So to vote a sheriffs into office and he is going to change so called "safety for their officers is absurd". This is common sense.

Do I agree with it NO. But this is how they all pretty much think. Not all but the majority do. They are all little puppets that get voted in and get big pay checks and pensions. So don't think they will change their mind and open up radio systems in the clear from encryption. That's not how the world works or thinks at this point in time in our world.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
As you know Orange County and all of the other Orange Counties around the USA are locked down. Even if other sheriffs leave and the other idiots leave the backbone of the radio services are already locked down in place. So to vote a sheriffs into office and he is going to change so called "safety for their officers is absurd". This is common sense.

Do I agree with it NO. But this is how they all pretty much think. Not all but the majority do. They are all little puppets that get voted in and get big pay checks and pensions. So don't think they will change their mind and open up radio systems in the clear from encryption. That's not how the world works or thinks at this point in time in our world.

Doesn’t hurt to keep hammering

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

ngel

Pasco P25

I have emailed my commissioner Wells for Pasco today. Previously I emailed the Sheriff twice already no response. Everyone in Pasco needs to email or call their commissioner. The system is still not online yet. They can still change the set up of the system.

If they do encrypt all I hope the whole system crashes like in Miami. After all it’s the same company Harris...

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I would also contact local news outlets and explain why this issue is important to you. Without getting into specifics... it seems that they’re failing to recognize the problem ahead and why it matters. They need to hear from you before they go “hey the Pasco scanner is dead.”

scannersnstuff

This is just sad new's of how it is. Where I live in NJ, my county pd,is mostly encrypted. I am in the process of moving to Hernando county,which is right next to Pasco.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

They probably don't want the general public hearing how many criminals they let walk! Every watch Live-PD in Pasco County? It's pathetic! It seems everything's a joke. The cops and the bad guys laughing, joking around, then they let the bad guys off with a warning for some fairly serious stuff!

bep

Premium Subscriber
Here in Virginia Beach, Va. the big E is on the way. I wrote and called local council members. I got the "what ever the chief wants, no matter what the cost, we are on board".

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Here in Virginia Beach, Va. the big E is on the way. I wrote and called local council members. I got the "what ever the chief wants, no matter what the cost, we are on board".

Until something really big goes down and they can't interact with mutual aid! :roll:

allend

Premium Subscriber
Like I said everybody is wasting their time. Its their world and even though we pay taxes to keep it going they will not listen to anyone about it. They will ignore you until you absolutely give up.

Trust me. There has been time or time with people that go the distance and then they use every last breath and then they go away or move or die off.

Nobody will turn back the clock including The Whole Wide World People. I get the frustration because we have all been there but the hobby and the scanning industry is slowly dying a slow death and will continue.

ATT@T First Net system will kill everything eventually. It's already happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.