Need help !!!!! Urgent !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i purchased a scanner and I wanted to know if the frequencies i'm trying to listen to is encrypted or not.

Below I placed a link of the frequencies I would like to listen to. Can anyone tell me if they're encrypted or not?

'https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=206

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That system shows "A" (analog, unencrypted) for every channel. Encrypted channels have "E" in the "Mode" column. Hover your mouse pointer over the word "Mode" to see what the different modes are.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR! It would help us with any future questions you may have if you told us what make & model scanner you bought. Different scanners handle encryption in different ways. Sometimes you'll hear R2D2 type noise when your scanner lands on an encrypted transmission. The more advanced models will display an E or "Encrypt" on the screen & you may not hear noise at all. From the link you provided, each talkgroup is analog (denoted by the "A" in the Mode field) However RadioReference depends on user submissions to keep the databases up to date so there may be a chance that the talkgroups may have went encrypted without anyone submitting an update to the database. Not saying this is the case here but it's definitely a possibility

Last edited:

mharris

Welcome. Some friendly advice: Try to avoid using words like "Urgent", "Emergency", or !!!! !!!!. It might cause readers to believe there is an actual urgent or critical situation.

Happy monitoring!

Status
Not open for further replies.