FHP FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL information

Status
Not open for further replies.

gccflscan

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Fhp - > Slers

FHP is 100% SLERS and has been for at least the last 6 months or so.

The last area to be converted was the old Motorola P25 systems area in the strip from Orlando to the Keys.

FHP along with FWC etc. monitoring is no longer possible.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
gccflscan said:
FHP is 100% SLERS and has been for at least the last 6 months or so.

The last area to be converted was the old Motorola P25 systems area in the strip from Orlando to the Keys.

FHP along with FWC etc. monitoring is no longer possible.
That's what I thought. I was wondering if I had missed something along the way.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Unless the RR for FHP hasn't been updated yet. I know on the link I have above there is a few but I wasn't too sure if they went to it. I know some people tell me they can pick up UHF FHP channels up here sometimes clear as day.

ctrabs74

bravo14 said:
Unless the RR for FHP hasn't been updated yet. I know on the link I have above there is a few but I wasn't too sure if they went to it. I know some people tell me they can pick up UHF FHP channels up here sometimes clear as day.

What's the likelyhood that those channels that were used by FHP are actually either (1) used by other agencies or (2) public safety entities unaffiliated with the State of Florida?

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
bravo14 said:
I know some people tell me they can pick up UHF FHP channels up here sometimes clear as day.

Are those UHF FHP channels 453.575 and 453.625? These channels USED to belong to FHP Turnpike but have been used by the turnpike service patrol for many years. They are still very active throughout the turnpike. I can't remember the last time that FHP was on UHF (at least down here in S. Florida).

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
ctrabs74 said:
What's the likelyhood that those channels that were used by FHP are actually either (1) used by other agencies or (2) public safety entities unaffiliated with the State of Florida?

The is no way to tell over the air. The only way to get that information is via a Public Records request through Tallahassee or here:

http://dms.myflorida.com/eits/public_safety/radio_communications/statewide_law_enforcement_radio_system/third_party_subscribers

I was at a meeting yesterday that had a captain from FHP as an attendee and I asked him how he likes his new radio. Well some of his choice words are not for re-publication, but in a nutshell he wishes that he was on the old Motorola system that worked like it was supposed to. Unfortunately its going to take someone getting hurt or killed before its fixed because he said that his memo's typicially go unanswered.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I remember reading that the SLERS system radios were intermittently affiliating with the incorrect site up in the Tampa/Lakeland area. Like the saying goes: you get what you pay for.

FTLAUD

I think more importantly the saying is, if the system ain't broke don't fix it or replace it

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
JoeH said:
I remember reading that the SLERS system radios were intermittently affiliating with the incorrect site up in the Tampa/Lakeland area. Like the saying goes: you get what you pay for.

It is actually happening state-wide according to one of my contacts at Game & Fish, or whatever they call themselves today.

Gilligan

Database Admin
JoeH said:
I remember reading that the SLERS system radios were intermittently affiliating with the incorrect site up in the Tampa/Lakeland area.
How is that actually happening? Are their mobiles powerful enough to hit those far away repeaters? What is allowing them to affiliate to towers that are too far away? I would imagine it would search for the strongest tower.

gcr33

The UHF channels on the Turnpike are still active only for the service vehicles and service plazas. I have not heard any toll plazas in sometime. They were on it before.

FHP has no UHF capability in their cars anywhere. They are stuck using their super duper Tyco, Ma-Comm, Critical Communications, Erricson, GE toaster system.

Well at least a toaster usually makes good toast!

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
As long at the temperature control isn't controlled by someone else it will made good toast. Not so sure if someone else has control of the thermostat! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.