Broward County 10-codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4TF

Does anyone have the Broward County Sheriff Offices' "disposition codes" (i believe thats what its called)

By that I mean... when an assignment is complete, the deputy would radio to dispatch "10-98" then say some kind of alpha code... - ie - "10-98 WHISKY"

Does anyone have a list of what the alpha codes (WHISKY) mean in Broward County Sheriff?

Thanks

W4TF

thats actually a pretty nice site. unfortunately it lists the coral springs pd codes but not the sheriff's codes i'm looking for. Thanks again for the site though, i'm listening to their webcast now.

anyone else know what the codes are by chance?

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Brian C. puts out a nifty guide for scanner hobbyists that includes 10-codes and signal codes for Broward, Palm Beach, and Dade counties. Well worth the investment. Available in both PDF and printed form.

THE SCANNER DUDE

Broward County 10 Codes

These are the unit identifiers used by all Police Departments that use the Broward County radio system. Fort Lauderdale Police has a completely different set of identifiers, however they still use the same 10-codes and dispatch signals. Most departments, including Broward Sheriff's Office, are on a 12-hour shift schedule at the present time, with the exception of a few departments that are still on the 8-hour shift times. The format starts with the distract number, then the alphabetic identifier, then the unit number. For example a patrol officer on Bravo shift, with Sea Ranch Lakes Police Department, would identify as "26 Bravo xx". A Sergeant from Oakland Park would identify as "12 Delta xx", etc. This is the format for all units on the Broward County Sheriff system:
ALPHA - 6pm-6am (11pm-7am for cities that are NOT on the new 12-hour shift schedule)
BRAVO - 6am-6pm (7am-3pm for cities that are NOT on the new 12-hour shift schedule)
CHARLIE - 3pm-11pm (for cities that are NOT on the new 12-hour shift schedule)
BAKER - Baker Act Unit
DELTA - Sergeants
ECHO - Lieutenants
FOXTROT - Foot/Bicycle Patrol
GOLF - School Police Officers
HOTEL - Jail/Prisoner Transport
INDIA - Airport/HQ Comms
JULIET - Juvenile Crime Detectives
K-9 - Dog/K9 Unit
KILO - Street Crimes Detectives
NOVEMBER - Special Victims Unit/Sex Crimes
OSCAR - Marine Units
PAPA - Aviation Unit/Sheriff's Helicopter
QUEBEC - State/District Attorney
SIERRA - Sheriff/UnderSheriff
TANGO - Traffic Unit/Aggressive Driving Enforcement Unit/DUI Task Force
UNIFORM - Off Duty/Special Detail Unit
VICTOR - Vice Squad/Organized Crime Unit/OCB
WHISKEY - Civil Employee/Non-Police
X-RAY - Communications/Dispatch Sub-Station Annex
YANKEE - Narcotics Detectives
ZULU - Community Service Aide/Public Safety Aide/Accident Investigator/Non-Armed

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Even though the original post is several years old, I think he was asking for the "Disposition Codes". These are used when a deputy goes "10-98". I found these, they are old and may have been updated since then:

BSO Disposition Codes
A - Written report taken

B - Lack of information/violation/complainant GOA/etc. (no report needed)
C - Signal 49, Building secured, no signs of concern/owner notified
D - Signal 49, Building secured, no signs of concern/owner not notified
E - Civil matter/civil assist
F - Signal 4 settled on scene, DLE action not required
G - Off duty citizen assist
H - Assist to other agency
I - Warrant/capias arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.