FAQ: How do I monitor SLERS and/or FHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
[size=+2]
Welcome to the Radio Reference Florida Forum!​
[/size]

How do I scan FHP / SLERS / State Law Enforcement / M/A-COM / etc…?

You can’t - sorrry! There is not, nor will there ever be, a scanner that can. Doing a search for any of the above key words will yield pages of results that would make for a great rainy day read.

Last edited by a moderator:

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
any updates on what FL is going to do now that things at Ma/com are going south (the big loss of $80 millen the OPENSKY mess )

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
For listeners with a scanner (in other words, those of us without an actual state-issued radio), ProVoice is the first problem. No scanner on the market can decode ProVoice, which is a digital voice mode of EDACS systems. On top of that, they added encryption, so there's a double-whammy predicament for us scanner hobbyists.

So unless your brother's best friend's cousin's roommate has a state-issued radio, you're out of luck (and so am I).

Last edited:

onlyacowboy

2. How do I scan FHP / SLERS / State Law Enforcement / M/A-COM / etc…?

You can’t - sorrry! There is not, nor will there ever be, a scanner that can. Doing a search for any of the above key words will yield pages of results that would make for a great rainy day read.

ok...??
read this on FQA and i'm puzzled... i got an OLD radio shack trunktracker 800.. well i punched in the FHP frequency's ( 95 code book) for some repeaters and i could hear the car to car talk and some dispatches..i did this back in 96 and it still works (some but not all)... is this legal ??

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed a talkgroup showed up on the new SLERS Phase I. I am not sure if they are all going to 700 or just 700 & 800. I did a scan search on the psr800 didn't find nothing on the 700 yet. Not sure what License that would be under.

richwagner20

SLERS in fort walton beach and okaloosa florida now

as I have heard on my radio shack scanners pro 2053 and pro 95 at home are local fort Walton beach and okal
oosa county florida are fire dept dispatching on vhf freq 154.86.00 and then they go to a tack channel because
I have heard then talking and changeing over to this SLERS and had got all new radios to re program as are loc
al county EMS is all ready on SLERS because I use to heard them dispatching before on uhf and talking to the
hospital er and now I haven't heard are local Okaloosa county fire dispatch as I think they may have went to this
SLERS
Richard wagner
f.w.b.fla
o.c .

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed a talkgroup showed up on the new SLERS Phase I. I am not sure if they are all going to 700 or just 700 & 800. I did a scan search on the psr800 didn't find nothing on the 700 yet. Not sure what License that would be under.

Has anyone know to find the 700 band for the P25 l? There is one county east of me has it but too far away to pick up. How can you tell if there is one coming to the area live in? I looked up the in the county didn't see no 700 listed.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7262

Last edited:

abbadabbado

i heard that the fl dept of transportation is not encripted or using provoice is this true an if so nwhich system are they on i program manualy an do want to take the time if my info is wrong as usual hope this is the right place to ask this cause i am not as smart as some on here wish they were

djbrane

Polk County and FHP

Trying to figure out what I need to program in a snowbird's radio so he can hear things in Polk County, including FHP. Having a hard time figuring out what system FHP uses. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

wise871

Database Admin
FHP can't be monitored, they have been on SLERS for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as I have heard on my radio shack scanners pro 2053 and pro 95 at home are local fort Walton beach and okal
oosa county florida are fire dept dispatching on vhf freq 154.86.00 and then they go to a tack channel because
I have heard then talking and changeing over to this SLERS and had got all new radios to re program as are loc
al county EMS is all ready on SLERS because I use to heard them dispatching before on uhf and talking to the
hospital er and now I haven't heard are local Okaloosa county fire dispatch as I think they may have went to this
SLERS
Richard wagner
f.w.b.fla
o.c .
Fire dispatch/paging is on simulcast and the radio system is on SLERS....two different animals

Trying to figure out what I need to program in a snowbird's radio so he can hear things in Polk County, including FHP. Having a hard time figuring out what system FHP uses. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Goooooood Luck! As everyone else stated, is SLERS (Statewide Law Enforcement Radio Service) and you WILL NOT be able to monitor it. Nor can you program their freqs into a radio and listen in. Polk thinks they are GOD and have everything P25'd up.

Status
Not open for further replies.