Read vs. Un-Read threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N_Jay

I know Lindsay has adjusted these many times today, and if what is there stays, I would not complain,
HOWEVER; I was playing around and found a combination that;
1) gives the threads a clear distinction between Read and Un-Read
2) Stays with the blue theme.
3) Does not jump off the page in an obnoxious way like the Green did and the Teal does a little less.

READ Threads
Un-Read Threads

Maybe its just me, but I find the brighter/lighter colors hard to focus on with a light/white background.

D

DaveNF2G

Maybe its just me, but I find the brighter/lighter colors hard to focus on with a light/white background.

Well, it snowed in Alabama, which is fairly close to Hell freezing over, so I guess I can agree with N_Jay on something. :D

I, too, would prefer a darker text color for better contrast.

N

N_Jay

I have a very hard time reading this light blue color. Is there a way I can customize the color?

Thanks.

Yes, all our monitors are set a little different.

Lindsay can chose whatever color he wants. My thought was there is a lot less need to read the titles of the threads you have already read, so they should look "faded" compared to the un-read threads.

The issue with the current colors is that there is not a lot of "brightness" difference between the white background and the bright blue Un-Read thread titles. I think that is what makes them harder to focus on and a little hard to read.

(Just my opinion worth every penny you paid for it)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Yes, all our monitors are set a little different.

Lindsay can chose whatever color he wants.
I was hoping this would be user configurable. The "problem" is that some people have LCD monitors, some use CRTs and some may be another device type. Additionally, some may only show as few as 16 colors while others show as many as 16.66 million colors.

The bright text on a white background is definitely the issue/problem (aka contrast ratio). If the background was dark, the current color combo would be correct. Since the background is light, the color combo needs to be reversed (or better).

N

N_Jay

My idea in starting this thread was to get a consensus that (if he chooses) Lindsay can act on, rather than having the continuous adjustments that were being suggested in the main RR4.0 thread.

Maybe a few others will chime in.

P.S. you can play with colors in your post and see what works and what does not "look right".

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We will figure it out soon... I'm actually thinking about going back to the bold blue and highlighting the row in yellow.

Whether or not I change it to sh*t brown, puke green, a soft blue, or a hard red, we'll piss off some, and make others happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.