Problems w/ Wackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue47

I've been visiting this site and the forums for some time for information reasons. I never posted before this week, just read what people were finding out about frequencies and changes that agencies were making in my area. I have had a few months of "down time" due to a medical leave issue and voiced my opinion once or twice in the last week; I thought I had something that was worth saying, seeing as how I am a Medic Supervior for an Ambulance Company and have a long history (since I was in HS, way back before we were "wacker" enough to put any Bush's into office) of emergency services work (EMS, Ski Patrol, SAR, Swiftwater/Ropes/Dive Rescue, and even a littel time with USAR). I though that since scanner hounds and others spend do much time listening to me and my people talking on the radio (not an accusation, I do it too) that I might have a differnet view point and/or some insider info. However, after providing those perspectives a few times, I have been told that there are those out there that read what I say and think that I am a "WACKER" that is... impersonating a Medic, I guess (as if anyone whould impersonate a lowely EMS Junkie and not a cop).

So I have three questions...

Is that really a problem that is found a lot here?
Does everyone think that people who claim such things here are "Wackers"?
Should I keep on (from time to time) posting from the Wackers Medics Perspectice, or shut up?

Oh, and...

If I take two of the red pills instead of just one, do you all think that the little blue people that live in my closet will stop taking my underwear? ... JUST KIDDIN'.

Last edited:

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I've been visiting this site and the forums for some time for information reasons. I never posted before this week, just read what people were finding out about frequencies and changes that agencies were making in my area. I have had a few months of "down time" due to a medical leave issue and voiced my opinion once or twice in the last week; I thought I had something that was worth saying, seeing as how I am a Medic Supervior for an Ambulance Company and have a long history (since I was in HS, way back before we were "wacker" enough to put any Bush's into office) of emergency services work (EMS, Ski Patrol, SAR, Swiftwater/Ropes/Dive Rescue, and even a littel time with USAR). I though that since scanner hounds and others spend do much time listening to me and my people talking on the radio (not an accusation, I do it too) that I might have a differnet view point and/or some insider info. However, after providing those perspectives a few times, I have been told that there are those out there that read what I say and think that I am a "WACKER" that is... impersonating a Medic, I guess (as if anyone whould impersonate a lowely EMS Junkie and not a cop).

Should I keep on (from time to time) posting from the Wackers Medics Perspectice, or shut up?

Oh, and...

If I take two of the red pills instead of just one, do you all think that the little blue people that live in my closet will stop taking my underwear? ... JUST KIDDIN'.

In general I see lots of people question someone's source when debating a post/comment/affirmation. Just get thick skinned/used to it.
I have never doubted anybody who said they were a medic actually were.
Please continue to add your two to four cents worth, helps to keep it interesting, and may keep some posers honest form time to time.
Go with the little blue pills, that will take care of the underwear problem.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber

Not a lot. In every large group there is the 10% that think they have to prove something to somebody.
You should keep posting. We all have something to input through our experiences. The 10% just blow it off,

Hoofy

There are probably some here that no matter how they post something it comes out sounding like they know it all or are a full time grump or something.

Don't let it bother you because if they do it to you they have probably done it to most of us.

I worked with a great guy one time but he had the ability to make everyone ticked off as soon as he opened his mouth.

Keep on posting. Every post has potential.

I'm sorry if this caused you any incontinence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Is that really a problem that is found a lot here?"
Only if you make it a problem, otherwise make like a duck; flap your wings, water all gone.

"Does everyone think that people who claim such things here are "Wackers"?"
In a word, no.

"Should I keep on (from time to time) posting from the Wackers Medics Perspectice, or shut up?"
Shut up for the time being. It'll give you time to analyze your writing style that apparently gives the wrong impression. If you write like a pro they'll read a pro, if you write like a whacker, oh well. If it still doesn't work, make like a duck.

Oh, those little blue people are called Smurfs and they wear underwear on their heads so stop being so stingy. Now if you want to play a joke on them keep the clean ones in your drawer and toss the dirty ones in the closet.

Last edited:

ohiodesperado

Wacker?????

I must have the term Wacker confused. Wacker and holster sniffer (I prefer holster sniffer) as terms related to wanna-be law enforcement / fire & EMS.
Being SAR isn't Wacker, being rope rescue DAMN sure isn't Wacker.
And unless you joined the local EMS so you could put the Red lights on your car legally, I don't see how it can be looked at as being Wacker.

m-town

Well the problem is many people think they know it all because they listen to a scanner all day. Never changes.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah, a whacker is someone who takes himself way to seriously and can even be a first responder whose personal vehicle looks like a porcupine with disco lights, I knew one once. The choice of vehicle plays an important role, a Ford Falcon in this case... UGH! Anyway you get the point, like m town said this guy was glued to the radio too.

""rescue47", I see no problem with your posts, whatsoever! Keep on posting!"
Neither do I, I only suggested taking a break for introspection, I do when I find myself getting a little out of hand.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Neither do I, I only suggested taking a break for introspection, I do when I find myself getting a little out of hand.

Thats probably the best sentence I've seen from Warren in a long time, in fun Warren, in fun:wink:

Take care
Ron

hoser147

Ron ya beat me to it.;)..To the OP I dont see an issue, there are alot of public safety personel here, and if its fine with their state or department it doesn't bother me to see it in a picture at all. Be Safe thanks for your service........

andy404ns

Rescue - I just took a quick look at some of your posts and for the most part I don't see anything that people could mininterpret as being "wackerish". However, you might be encountering some jealousy / disbelief when you list your credentials. Everytime you mention that you worked for / work for an agency, you throw out this long list ending with "etc". Regardless of whether or not it's true, it can come off as somewhat snobbish and in turn wackerish to list out your professional credentials everytime you reference them. Maybe in the future just mention that you work for some agencies and leave it at that (unless listing them somehow aids in the thread). Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.