Repling to messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navycop

Is there and easy way to make to the forums. Lately I have just clicking the New Post link after sumbitting the reply. But that takes me back to page one. I tried hitting the back button on the computer. Then I end up at the message screen again.

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
Hi Navycop,

There are a few ways see below:

Attachments

• forum1.jpg
    forum1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 148
  • forum2.jpg
    forum2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 144

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
The linked post by Wayne_h above states:

Everyone,

If you have a question that relates to the Forums or anything to do with your UserCP that connects to the forum please post it in the Forums Administration forum.

If you have a question about anything related to the database please use its forum, and vice-versa for the Wiki.

This forum is meant to serve as a place to post messages related to the site as a whole such as subscriptions or any work that's been done that affects the site as a whole.

Thanks for your cooperation. FYI, I will be moving posts without redirects.

Your original post above was in reference to a specific forum function question.
Which is why your post was moved from the Overall Site Adminstration to the Forums Administration forum.

Last edited:

Navycop

:confused::confused: I posted pics above which I believe answered your question unless I am not understanding you.

Sorry about being so anal about this. Here are the steps I take.
1) Post reply (to another thread)
2) Reply to thread box (in blue) comes up
3) Title: and Message: boxes
4) Type in box (like I am doing now)
5) Click on "submit reply"
6) This brings me back to the thread, with my new on added.
7) Then I go to "New post". This brings me all the way back to page one. Say for instnace the post I might of replied to was on page 8.
What would be the next step to get to page 9 without having to go all the way back to the beginning of the post?

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
If the thread has more than one page you will see to the right of the the thread title page numbers ie.. (1,2) and in some cases depending on the number of pages the thread is it will show like this (1,2,3....Last). You would simply click on the last number page ie..2 or in the second example the word Last.
If you go to the forum home page instead of the new post page you can go directly to the lastest post in a particular forum by clicking on the post listed under the heading Last Post which is to the right of the Forum title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.