Edit Utility Missing From Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I made this post today and came back about three hours later to make a change to it and add more information but was unable to find the "EDIT POST" button. I have not changed anything in my User CP so I am little confused.

Are we not allowed to edit posts once we log out and then come back anymore?

Running XP Pro with IE6.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I did a post earlier and never logged out or anything but now I can't edit. It doesn't seem to be anything new. It seems to be on some type of timer. I haven't checked close enough to see how long.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I did a post earlier and never logged out or anything but now I can't edit. It doesn't seem to be anything new. It seems to be on some type of timer. I haven't checked close enough to see how long.
That is true about the timer, but before the change to the present iteration of the Web site, that timer was like 10 to 12 hours and even if you logged out you could come back and edit a post after logging back in.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We recently made a change to the amount of time you get to edit a post - it is now set to 2 hours. This was to accommodate changes to allow people to delete attachments from for sale posts.

I know it doesn't sound like they are related, but it's a complicated issue and trust me... this was our only solution.

qlajlu

Silent Key
We recently made a change to the amount of time you get to edit a post - it is now set to 2 hours. This was to accommodate changes to allow people to delete attachments from for sale posts.

I know it doesn't sound like they are related, but it's a complicated issue and trust me... this was our only solution.
Well, shucks. It sounds to me like we are robbing Peter to pay Paul. I won't pretend to understand what the technical aspects are or how these two things are connected, but I'm certainly not happy with this compromise.

So for someone to have more time in order to delete an image of item that was for sale, the rest of the RR community gets less time to edit posts. Humph!

Oh, well. Guess you just cannot satisfy everyone, huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.