"This time period"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confuzzled

New Subscribed Threads: (0)
There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.

What is 'this time period'?

Appears to be something less than 24 hours. Can it be extended?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am not certain where you saw this, but it probably plays off of the time you last left the site, thus resetting your cookie. Of course if you don't reply to a thread (or start a new one) since you have started your current session, then you have no new subscriptions. All of your older subscriptions are available under the View all Subscribed Threads link and listed in reverse chronological order based on the most recent post in the thread.

Confuzzled

All of your older subscriptions are available under the View all Subscribed Threads link and listed in reverse chronological order based on the most recent post in the thread.

Where I saw it was the user Control Panel and it was less than 24 hours since I last refreshed the page.

When I went to all subscribed, all threads were non-highlighted even though some of them had un-read replies.

It's not a cookie issue, it has something to do with the board admin settings as to how long threads/posts are marked as 'new'. I've seen some boards set that as low as one hour while others set it as long as a week.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
In my experience, the display of New Subscribed Threads (on the UserCP, Lou) has been acting strange lately, but I can't pin down the problem. Since I check in to the forums from at least two different computers and from my Android phone, I think the timing is getting screwed up somewhere.

To resolve the problem, I click on the List Subscriptions link under Your Control Panel / Subscribed Threads on the left side of the UserCP screen. That list is sorted by date of last post for each of your subscribed threads.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
...When I went to all subscribed, all threads were non-highlighted even though some of them had un-read replies.

It's not a cookie issue, it has something to do with the board admin settings as to how long threads/posts are marked as 'new'. ...
You are talking about two different things here.

Unread by you since your last session is the key here. If you log in (or just come to the forums without logging out last time) that starts a new session. If you come on for a minute, or even a few seconds, that starts a new session (stored in the cookie). Once you leave that session has ended (after the server realizes you are gone) and if you come back in an hour or so only those items that are "new" since your last session are highlighted.

The "time out" for new deals with if you stay on the board, after a while, (a couple of hours I think) all new replies are automatically set to read.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
If someone leaves themselves logged in, sends no HTTP requests to the forum, then the cookie is set to expire after 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.