Change of use name

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5KDF

Sent email to change my username to my HAM call sign last week....i have not heard back yet :(
Request # 4546

n5ims

Patience. This is a difficult request and takes time. Also due to the difficulty it is not handled by most of the admins, just one or two.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
It's holiday weekend, generally the admins that are able to do that are not on during the week end.. with the holiday, probably 4 day weekend for them.

Also they have jobs, that they work at. As was previous posted, it will take a little time. It will happen for you...

Give them some time... hopefully they will get to it next week... :)

Danny37

Patience is virtue my friend, holiday weekend plus they probably have other obligations such as families and work. Give them time, they'll get to you.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
From the RadioReference Wiki:

Changing Your Username

A member's username can only be changed by the administration staff, and only under the following special circumstances:
  • Amateur radio callsign change
  • To protect a user's privacy
To request a username change, please send an email to support@radioreference.com with your current username and what you want your new username to be.

Take note of the bullet points.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
The administration should understand there are members who created their accounts before they were hams and now want to proudly display their callsign rather than the username they chose when they created their account. There are also members (like myself) who created their accounts while getting back into the hobby after being dormant for a decade.

If the issue is not enough administrators with free time, I volunteer to take on an admin role to tackle username change requests.

ka9wrz

Premium Subscriber
I am an administrator on another forum and changing a users screen name is as simple as going into the control panel and overwriting the users old name with his new one and hitting "save". 30 seconds, tops.

JnglMassiv

W9BU has verified that they do accommodate amateur call sign changes.
It isn't reasonable to expect this request to occur immediately.
They do the best they can with the administration resources available.
And, after all, is there any particular hurry?

n4yek

You can also add it to your signature, i see you don't have anything there at all.
Up near the top of the page you can access this by clicking on User CP
then on the left column you will find edit signature :)

hfxChris

Database Admin
I am an administrator on another forum and changing a users screen name is as simple as going into the control panel and overwriting the users old name with his new one and hitting "save". 30 seconds, tops.

Keep in mind RR is a bit more complicated than your average forum; there's also the database and wiki, and possibly also the live audio all linked together. I'm sure a name change on one may have to be duplicated on any other RR services the user takes part in.

AC2OY

I never thought of that. I hope they don't get mad. I would love to have my username be my new extra call but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they can't.

AC2OY

Sorry man I sold the Gixxer a few years back and got into Amateur Radio. What's the worst I could do fall off a ladder trying to erect a antenna or electrocute myself? Beats defying life riding that monster anyday it never wanted to go slow then there's always the New Jersey State Police...LOL They were always a joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.