RR seems slow last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Has anyone noticed that RR has been loading pretty slow the last couple of days? I can go to other web sites and they come right up.

budevans

It's been slow, then normal response speed then back to slow for a couple of days. When I tried to login to reply it timed out the first time with a No server available message. On the second attempt it took over a minute.

Voyager

I don't think it's RR per se. I think it's the ad services that are keeping the page from showing. If you stop the load (different on different browsers), the info is there.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
And I thought it was because I was on an old WIn XP single core computer and not my WIN 7 64 bit with 8 cores.

N0ZQR

Premium Subscriber
The first two times I tried to load this page I got nothing but garbage!

Ron

robbie2745

Yesterday evening 8-8:30pm I was using Firefox 34 and it came up and ran slow then went to repeated 503 errors when trying to go to other pages on this forum. Switched to IE 11 and it worked a lot better. Right now as I post this using IE 11 it has been running normally for the past 45 minutes I've been on.

Rob

jfhtm350

I don't think it's RR per se. I think it's the ad services that are keeping the page from showing. If you stop the load (different on different browsers), the info is there.

Its RR's servers this time around because it was slow earlier today and RR is the only domain I had connecting. In particular I think it's forums.radioreference.com because the home site (radioference.com) was loading fine for me. Everything is working fine here at this point in time.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Its RR's servers this time around because it was slow earlier today and RR is the only domain I had connecting. In particular I think it's forums.radioreference.com because the home site (radioference.com) was loading fine for me. Everything is working fine here at this point in time.

Same exact thing I've been seeing the past several days.

Voyager

I thought I couldn't get on a few times until I stopped the DL and the page was all there minus the ads. So, it was waiting on the ad server.

DJ11DLN

I have been on several times during that timeframe and not noticed any problems at all. But then I run Adblock Plus in Firefox so the ads don't load anyway...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have been on several times during that timeframe and not noticed any problems at all. But then I run Adblock Plus in Firefox so the ads don't load anyway...

The ads don't load at all (with the exception of the one Scannermaster ad at the top of the page) for premium subscribers either (which I am one).

I've had multiple 503 (no server available to handle your request) errors, long wait times, erratic page loading and auto-logouts for almost a week now. It's not steady but erratic from day to day. Happens from home, work, and several other locations.

When the 503 error shows up, ping and tracert are not successful.

Seems to be a continuation of this:

http://forums.radioreference.com/forums-administration/304271-forums-having-issues.html#post2307493

May be related to the Uniden database updates from the RR servers as well?

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...44-no-sentinel-update-monday.html#post2313149

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I run Adblock Plus so ads aren't a factor for me. Over the past week to 10 days I've seen a huge amount of 503s. This is on my home ISP, my wireless (mobile phone) connection, and at work with a huge T1 pipe.

One thought is the "cloudflare" content distribution system has some issues, such as a server or farm going bad. Another concept is that the DDoS attacks that have gone on lately are spreading beyond their initial targets. Sony and some government sites were first, with Playstation Network, Xbox, and other similar sites/services next. This past week, the anime streaming service "Crunchyroll" and some other similar sites were DDoSed "on the same level as the Xbox/PSN attacks" according to CR press releases.

majoco

Stirrer
Ads, what ads? Adblock Plus +1!

IMHO the whole WWW is slow over Christmas - Skype, kids games, all sorts of things creating even more traffic than a normal business day. My Broadband even slows down just after 3pm when the kids come home from school!

DJ11DLN

Ads, what ads? Adblock Plus +1!

IMHO the whole WWW is slow over Christmas - Skype, kids games, all sorts of things creating even more traffic than a normal business day. My Broadband even slows down just after 3pm when the kids come home from school!

Yep, gotta love AB+. I don't always log in (unless I want to reply to a post) when I read through things here so the ads would be a factor even with the prem. subscription. This thing takes care of 'em just fine.

I guess I'm just not all that perceptive. I honestly did not notice anything being much slower than normal over the whole Christmas/New Year holiday period. Maybe my Verizon Jetpack is underperforming and I just didn't notice. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.