Help with posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Post moved to its own thread.

Considering that you have already posted a message, it looks like you have that part figured out.

Keep in mind that new users are moderated and your posts won't show up immediately. You also won't be able to use PM's until you've posted enough messages to remove the moderation.

As well, please don't post to other people's threads if your question doesn't have anything to do with their topic. This is known as a thread hijack and is against the site's rules.

radrad2165

I still do not know how to post, I did many things and one of them must have worked-but do not know which one. If you could tell me specifically, I would appreciate it.

Blackink

See if this helps.....

I still do not know how to post, I did many things and one of them must have worked-but do not know which one. If you could tell me specifically, I would appreciate it.

Follow these steps, read the topics that will help you understand what you're doing, and I think you'll be able to understand what you're doing....

Scroll up to the top of this Web page and look for the FAQ link. You should see this in a line of other links within a blue bar with titles such as: User CP, FAQ, Members List, Calendar, etc...
Click on the FAQ link.

That'll take you to another Web page. Look for this:
  • General Forum Usage
  • User Profile Features
  • Reading and Posting Messages
Click on the General Forum Usage link. Then click on Forums, Threads, and Posts
Once there, scroll down to where you see How do I find my way around?.

That should give you a better understanding of what to do.

Now if you want to better understand what the Quote and Quick buttons do at the bottom right side of a thread, follow these instructions ( I could just post the links but if you follow some instructions on navigating this Web site, it'll help you in the end on how to get around and find things here).

Click on that FAQ link from above, the same one you clicked on before.
Now click on:
  • Reading and Posting Messages
Once there, click on:
  • Replying to a Post
Once there, read what it says. The only thing I can add to that explanation in "Replying to a Post" is if you click on the Quote button in the lower right side of the thread window, it'll open a new window where you can post your message but it'll have the message you just read included in your reply (your reply is whatever you now type in the window.

Once you're done with typing a message, look down below your message box and look for the Submit Reply / Preview Post or the Post Quick Reply / Go Advanced box. Clicking on whichever one of those buttons is showing, and your message will be added to the thread you're viewing.

The Submit Reply or Post Quick Reply will be on the bottom of the text box you're replying in, depending on what button you clicked on in the original thread you were viewing. If you clicked on the Quick button, you'll see Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced at the bottom of the message window.

If you click on the Quote button, you'll see Submit Reply or Preview Post at the bottom of the message window you're in.

I hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.