'Search' tab not functioning correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

Hi there,
I was looking for a post I had made but could not remember in which thread it was located.
When I done a search, I entered my username.
The results from the search didn't show any recent post I have made.
The last time it says I have posted anything was Jan 09,2016.
I have made post on RR since that date, in fact I actually found the post I was wanting to search for in the first place, that was on Feb 16, 2016. at 9:01AM.
Just thought I would let you know about what I am seeing.

Thanks for your hard work and all volunteers that put in enormous amounts of time.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Click on your user name in the post above and click "Find all posts by n4yek", it went back to 12-05-2014, 11:41 AM and the most recent was 02-21-2016, 11:07 AM. The one you are looking for is the next post. And it is faster than doing a search.

Last edited:

QDP2012

Hi there,
I was looking for a post I had made but could not remember in which thread it was located.
When I done a search, I entered my username.
The results from the search didn't show any recent post I have made.
The last time it says I have posted anything was Jan 09,2016.
I have made post on RR since that date, in fact I actually found the post I was wanting to search for in the first place, that was on Feb 16, 2016. at 9:01AM.
Just thought I would let you know about what I am seeing.

Thanks for your hard work and all volunteers that put in enormous amounts of time.

If you used the (for lack of a better description) the "drop down search box" that appears when you mouse-over "Search" in the menu bar, then it seems not to do well with "username" searches.

If you haven't tried this, you might want to click on the "Advanced Search" option, and then enter your username in the box that is in the upper-right portion of that search-tool. You can also use the other options on the screen to limit your search parameters, even more, like the "posts vs threads" option in the bottom-left portion of the search-tool.

Hope this helps,

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
If you used the (for lack of a better description) the "drop down search box" that appears when you mouse-over "Search" in the menu bar, then it seems not to do well with "username" searches.

Exactly.... If you enter your user name in that drop down search box, it does not search for posts (or threads) "made" by you, but rather posts (or threads) that "contain" your user name in the body of the post... not in the user name area or the signature area.

As you point out... the "advanced" area is where you can search posts "made" by you. Or as someone else pointed out, click on your user name and click "Find all posts by....."

Status
Not open for further replies.