Mac OS X Fourm Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2AL

I have an odd-ball question regarding the RR feed, and Mac OS X. On my iPad and iPhone I have the option to use Tapatalk for my forums, which allow me the ability to reply from this application straight to the Fourm. I am having trouble location decent software for Mac OS X which allows me to do the same. I have located some software that allows me to read forums, but not to reply to them.

Does anyone know of a Mac OS X equivalent of Tapatalk for iPad and iPhone?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have an odd-ball question regarding the RR feed, and Mac OS X. On my iPad and iPhone I have the option to use Tapatalk for my forums, which allow me the ability to reply from this application straight to the Fourm. I am having trouble location decent software for Mac OS X which allows me to do the same. I have located some software that allows me to read forums, but not to reply to them.

Nothing that I'm aware of. I've looked around for something along those lines but eventually came to the conclusion that doing everything within Safari when I'm on my Mini or MBP was easier, and no need to fire up a separate app.

N2AL

Nothing that I'm aware of. I've looked around for something along those lines but eventually came to the conclusion that doing everything within Safari when I'm on my Mini or MBP was easier, and no need to fire up a separate app.

Thanks for the information. I am trying out Vienna but so far, it’s just so-so. Nothing really stellar like Tapatalk. I may resort to using Safari like you have. I thank you for your help.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
On Windows computers, I think most folks use their web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) to access the forums. Does whatever web browser you use on your Mac allow you to read and post in the forums?

n6hcm

Premium Subscriber
did you search the app store?

I'm more annoyed that here kinds of tools aren't widely in use. I'd rather use one app to catch up on all my forums but...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

N2AL

On Windows computers, I think most folks use their web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) to access the forums. Does whatever web browser you use on your Mac allow you to read and post in the forums?

Safari web browser will allow me to subscribe to RSS forums, but I am not able to preview them, nor can I view all my forums in one place.

Andrew | N4AWL
www.n4awl.com

N2AL

did you search the app store?

I'm more annoyed that here kinds of tools aren't widely in use. I'd rather use one app to catch up on all my forums but...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I did search the App Store but nothing stuck out. I downloaded Reeder 3 and did not like it at all. It is a reader only, and does not allow me to reply like Tapatalk does.

Andrew | N4AWL
www.n4awl.com

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Safari web browser will allow me to subscribe to RSS forums, but I am not able to preview them, nor can I view all my forums in one place.
Assuming that you have subscribed to your favorite forums, you can point your browser to http://forums.radioreference.com/usercp.php and the forum software will show you any private messages you've received, your subscribed threads, and your subscribed forums.

N2AL

Assuming that you have subscribed to your favorite forums, you can point your browser to http://forums.radioreference.com/usercp.php and the forum software will show you any private messages you've received, your subscribed threads, and your subscribed forums.

And that my good sir, is why you get paid the big bucks for being a moderator. Thanks for letting me know that! When I get home tonight I will point Safari to that address!

Thanks for the insight!

Andrew | N4AWL
www.n4awl.com

N2AL

Hey Joe! I tried using the link http://forums.radioreference.com/usercp.php but it will not work on Reeder 3. I need a way to place my username (N2AL) into the link so it will pull up my feed information. Can you give me any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.