Why posts not appearing in Today's Posts/New?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
I posted here:
http://forums.radioreference.com/everything-else/345229-happens.html

because I was trying to stay generic -- but it didn't show up when doing New Posts/Today's posts searches.

I then marked that one deleted (as a starting point) and posted it under General Scanning.

It appeared once in the search and then disappeared.

I am aware of the rule not to post in more than one forum and planned to deal with that - but something doesn't seem right....

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I posted here:
http://forums.radioreference.com/everything-else/345229-happens.html

because I was trying to stay generic -- but it didn't show up when doing New Posts/Today's posts searches.

I then marked that one deleted (as a starting point) and posted it under General Scanning.

I am aware of the rule not to post in more than one forum and planned to deal with that - but something doesn't seem right....

Any posts that you have made and have not been deleted by moderation (you can not delete your own posts) will be listed here and show which forums they are in:

The RadioReference.com Forums - Search Results

----------------------------------------------------------

When you click on "New Posts" in one of those top tool bars, this is the actual link you are clicking on:

http://forums.radioreference.com/search.php?do=getdaily&exclude=160,161,162,168,77,157,156,155,154,148.

If you look at the end of that link, by design some forums (by their number) are excluded from that particular search... mostly in the tavern. The forum you made that post to, "Everything Else", is forum #168.

If you click on the "Quick Links" drop-down further to the right on that top tool bar and select "Todays Posts", that link does not include the forum number exclusions:

http://forums.radioreference.com/search.php?do=getdaily

and will show all of the posts:

The RadioReference.com Forums - Search Results

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Any posts that you have made and have not been deleted by moderation (you can not delete your own posts) will be listed here and show which forums they are in:

Thanks. Couldn't have said that better myself!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

Your first post in Everything Else was deleted as there's no point in keeping a thread where the first post is "deleted".

The thread in General Scanning was moved to Everything Else since your post had little to do with scanners.

Looks like I was moving and deleting threads as you were experimenting with the site's search features.

troymail

Silent Key
Your first post in Everything Else was deleted as there's no point in keeping a thread where the first post is "deleted".

The thread in General Scanning was moved to Everything Else since your post had little to do with scanners.

Looks like I was moving and deleting threads as you were experimenting with the site's search features.

Actually, it does have to do with scanners .. just wasn't initially able to determine the right place for it. But then, when it seems to not appear, I found "General Scanning" and felt that was the place I was looking for to start with.

And yes, part of it was experimentation - but mostly because I didn't want to just post something where no one would see it... what would be the point.

My plan was to submit a request to remove it from Everything Else once I got it working as expected....

Status
Not open for further replies.