Missing Thread notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Over the last month or so I have seen a couple threads that I am subscribed to been replied to and I haven't received the email notification. I am not the only one this is occurring with, I know of at least one other guy who has noted this.

I have checked my Spam and they are not there. I have received other notifications but appear to miss a couple here and there.

I can provide specific threads if needed to diagnose this issue.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Over the last month or so I have seen a couple threads that I am subscribed to been replied to and I haven't received the email notification. I am not the only one this is occurring with, I know of at least one other guy who has noted this.

I have checked my Spam and they are not there. I have received other notifications but appear to miss a couple here and there.

I can provide specific threads if needed to diagnose this issue.

One time I have found that I can consistently repeat this issue relates to users who are on your ignore list. If a person on your ignore list posts a reply, you don't get a thread update notification - even if another person subsequently replies after them. The update notifications just seem to stall out.

N9JIG

Sheriff
One time I have found that I can consistently repeat this issue relates to users who are on your ignore list. If a person on your ignore list posts a reply, you don't get a thread update notification - even if another person subsequently replies after them. The update notifications just seem to stall out.

Well that wasn't the case with the latest one but I think I found another reason! The latest post was by a new member with only a couple prior posts, this was Post #3 for him, so it was apparently still under moderation.

Since the post was delayed it might have affected the notifications.

Thanks Jay, that pointed me to the probable solution!

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I had to change my email address.. AIM.COM doesn't apparently like RR and all my emails were going in (dev null)

DJ11DLN

I had to set my prefs to "never subscribe," because I was getting notifications on threads that I'd only read, never posted in, and hadn't subscribed to. Log on to gmail and there are 50 new messages, all but a couple from RR. I figured it was a side effect of the ongoing work they are doing on RR so I didn't make a fuss about it. But something is definitely "off" about the site lately, LOL!

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I had to set my prefs to "never subscribe," because I was getting notifications on threads that I'd only read, never posted in, and hadn't subscribed to. Log on to gmail and there are 50 new messages, all but a couple from RR. I figured it was a side effect of the ongoing work they are doing on RR so I didn't make a fuss about it. But something is definitely "off" about the site lately, LOL!
I had alot of the same problems you guys are describing. I started using tapa talk and now I get all notifications I want to recieve and I can follow certain people who I am interested in, and know what they are talking about. Mite want to check out the app. There is a free version.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

N9JIG

Sheriff
I actually have TapaTalk as well and have found that it is hit or miss with notifications.

I am leaning towards the missing ones being from moderated users, since those posts are delayed the notifications don't get sent, even when the post is ultimately approved by the moderators.

With TapaTalk I only seem to get notifications sporadically at best. I normally get 5-10 RR notifications daily and only a third seem to make it to TapaTalk.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I like tapa talk but the free version was horrible. It works alot better with the paid features. But yeah what your describing makes sense I wish they would get rid of the 5 to 10 posts before you are not moderated. Moderators could always go back and delete a post if it doesn't belong. But yeah the delay is the most likely cause of your delay from what I'm reading.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I actually have TapaTalk as well and have found that it is hit or miss with notifications.

I am leaning towards the missing ones being from moderated users, since those posts are delayed the notifications don't get sent, even when the post is ultimately approved by the moderators.

With TapaTalk I only seem to get notifications sporadically at best. I normally get 5-10 RR notifications daily and only a third seem to make it to TapaTalk.

Yes, I've seen this happen with the delayed posts as well. And when the posts do appear, they have the time/date stamp from when they made the original post which was confusing me. Sometimes I would go back and scroll through a thread and see scattered posts that I swear were not there originally. I thought I was losing my mind at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.